the team

**rewritten/edited 07/23/2022

thank you so much for 9k reads!

"y'know, the boys want to meet you," luke tells you as you both make your way down the stairs of his house.

"really?" you question and you both say goodbye to his parents who were going to meet you at the rink.

"yeah, you can come down to the locker room with me before the game, but only if you want to." he says as you both get into his car.

you nod your head as luke pulls out of his driveway and makes his way to the arena.

luke pulls into a parking spot at the arena and both of you get out and he grabs his hockey bag from the backseat.

luke leads you down to the locker room. he pulls you through the door and all eyes are on the both of you.

"guys, this is y/n, my girlfriend."

"so you're the girl luke's always talking about," one of his teammates says, smirking.

you look over at luke and he's blushing rubbing the back of his neck.

"okay, okay, that's enough, you guys," luke says, rolling his eyes.

"oh c'mon luke we're just telling her how much you love her," one of his teammates says with a smirk.

"trust me i know." you say and grab lukes hand, pressing a kiss to the back of it.

a chorus of  playful "awes" ring throughout the room.

"well, good luck out there you guys," you say to them, looking around the room of hockey players.

"thanks y/n," the players say, smiling at you.

you give luke one last kiss before you walk out of the door to meet up with lukes parents in the stands. you eventually find them in the bleachers and sit down with them. the three of you all watch the game together. in the end, usa brings home another win.

jim and ellen tell you that they are going to head home and for you and luke to meet them there for dinner.

you walk back to the locker room and wait outside the door this time, just like all the other families and girlfriends had.

luke eventually comes out if the locker room and smiles at you. he wraps you in a hug and you press a kiss to his cheek.

"good game, lukey." you say to him as the both of you walk out to his car.

wc: 414
have a great day!💜💜