jealousy

**rewritten/edited 07/27/2021 (this is one of my fav pieces!!)

this was a request for oceanbreezd hope you enjoy it! this is one is longer than some of the last ones, i know they haven't been my best work but i'm proud of this one and i hope you'll like it! 

thank you so much for 11k!! <3

it was dinner time, the sun was just about to set, and you were currently at the hughes' house for their family dinner. they have had family in town for the past week and you were finally going to get to meet them today.

luke had insisted that you meet them and when you tried to decline, claiming that it should only be family, ellen got involved, telling you that you better be at their house for dinner.

and of course you couldn't say no to ellen, so you agreed and luke couldn't be more excited for his extended family to meet you. while they were all in town, quinn and jack's schedule's just so happen to match up so that they could be home to see some of their relatives.

you had already meet his aunt's and uncle's and even his grandma, penny. luke had left you with his grandma, when you offered to help her finish dinner. his two cousins, logan and kyle, were outside with quinn, jack, and luke, playing street hockey before dinner so you hadn't had the chance to meet them yet and they were the only ones you hadn't met.

you were in a deep conversation with their grandmother, who claimed that she was telling you the best cookie recipe ever. loud shouts can suddenly be heard entering from the backyard. luke enters first, followed by who you assume are logan and kyle, then jack and quinn. earlier in the day, luke had informed you that kyle was 18 and logan was only 15.

they all gather into the kitchen where you and their grandma were, to get some water. you feel someone burning holes into the back of your head and you turn around, thinking that it's probably just luke.

when you finally turn around, you can see that it's definitely not luke but it's kyle, their cousin. when you and him make eye contact with each other, he whistles lowly, smirking at you. you scrunch up your face in disgust and turn to find luke.

you see him taking with one of his aunt's, so you quickly walk over to him and he smiles at you and wraps and arm around your waist, you notice that the smile doesn't reach his eyes like it usually does.

"dinner's ready,"ellen announces as she claps her hands together to gather everyone's attention.

all family members make their way to the dining table to eat. everyone finds a seat and you sit down right next to luke. he grabs your hand under the table and interlocks it with his, holding them in his lap. another person sits down and in the empty chair next to you, you look over and it's kyle. he smiles at you and you give him your best fake one right back.

after the food is set on the table and the many plates are passed out, everyone digs in and begins to make small talk.

"so, y/n, you're really pretty, what are you doing with someone like luke?" kyle asks, mischief in his eyes. you squint your eyes at him and shake your head, not answering.

"c'mon y/n, i bet you would look so much better with a guy like me, am i right?" he laughs at loud, but no one else is laughing with him. everyone at the table looks over at kyle in disbelief and luke has his head down.

the scraping of a chair can be heard throughout the house and luke storms up the stairs, everyone staring.

you look over at ellen to see if you should stay or go see him and she just gives you a soft smile and nods her head in the direction of the stairs, asking if you'll go try and calm him down. you nod your head and push your chair back, standing up. kyle tries to grab your arm and pull you back down to sit, but you quickly shrug it off and push his hand away. you make your way up the stairs, thinking about how to comfort your obviously, very upset, boyfriend.

you get to his door and knock but you only hear mumbling from the other side of the door. you let out the deep breath you had been holding and twist the door knob to the right, opening the door. luke is sitting at the edge of his bed with his head hung low. you make your way over to him.

"what's wrong, lukey?" you ask, even though you have a pretty good idea for why he was acting this way.

"did you see the way he was looking at you? and what he said, who says that about someone, especially when they're right there?" he says clenching and unclenching his jaw. you sigh, your previous thoughts confirming why he's been acting this way. you sit on the bed next to him and wrap your arm around his shoulders bringing him into your embrace so that his head is now resting on your shoulder.

the both of you sit there for a few moments, letting him calm down. your hand rubbing comforting circles on his back, under his shirt.

luke begins to lift his head up and you place your hand on his face, your thumb stroking his cheek to get him to look at you.

"baby, i love you, and only you," you reassure him. you see a hint of a smile on his lips and it makes you smile even brighter.

"i know, you know how i get though, i know you could do much better you could do then some hockey player like me."

your mouth drops at his words.

"luke, don't ever say that about yourself. you're it for me, i will always be yours and you'll always be mine. everything kyle said, none of it is true, none of it. and you are not some stupid hockey player, you are my boyfriend and my best friend and i love you." you say to him looking into his eyes to get your point across.

he gives you a soft smile but you see the tears welling in his eyes. your heartbreaks and you pull him back into your embrace, kissing the top of his head and running your fingers through your hair.

you can feel him become less tense in your arms and you feel proud of your ability to be able to calm him down.

"so, were you jealous lukey?" you tease him and run a hand through his curly hair.

he just groans and shuts his eyes and pulls out of your embrace. he falls back onto the mattress behind him. you laugh at his embarrassment and he just shakes his head at you in amusement, a wide smile stretched across his face.

you were always going to be his and he was always going to be yours.

wc: 1217
have a great day!!💜💜