tough

**rewritten/edited 08/04/2021

after a tough loss to their rivals, you knew luke would be upset. you headed down to the locker room to wait for him, thinking of ways to comfort him. you were clad in your hughes jersey and a pair of black ripped jeans.

as you were waiting for the boys to come out, you scrolled on your phone, looking at your different social media accounts.

you heard the door to the locker room open and you turned your phone off and slipped it in your back pocket. a group of 5 boys walked out wearing suits and had wet hair.

through the corner of your eye, you could see one of them with shaggy blonde hair walk over.

"what's a girl like doing waiting out here, gorgeous?"

you look up in disgust and reply back,
"waiting for my boyfriend."

"oh c'mon baby, he doesn't have to know," he says with a wide smirk, grabbing onto your wrist.

"let go of me", you say trying to pull your hand from his grasp.

"she said let go caden." a voice says from behind you.

you turn around to see luke standing there in his suit, with wet hair, bag in hand.

you walk over to him and he instantly wraps his arm around your waist.

"sorry man, didn't know she was your girl."
he says with a roll of his eyes.

"sure caden, but if a girl says no, it means no. you should have stopped when she said it the first time. oh and she's not mine, she doesn't belong to me, she's my girlfriend, not my property."

caden stands there speechless, blubbering, trying to defend himself. luke isn't having any of it and says:

"see you at practice on monday," luke says, and he knocks his shoulder with caden's as we start to walk.

"sorry about the loss, babe." you say as you lock your hands with his, waking out of the arena.

"it's okay, lukey. are you okay?" he says in concern.

"yeah, i'm fine. thank for what you did back there, you say as you hug him.

"anything for you, princess," he says as he presses kiss to your cheek and opens the passenger side door for you.

he runs around and hops in his car driving away from the arena. as he pulls up to a stoplight, he grabs your hand, presses a kiss to it, then interlocks them over the console. the rest of the ride is a comfortable silence as the two of you make you way back to his house.

wc: 438
have a nice night!!💜💜