neighbors

**rewritten/edited 07/15/2021

you and your family were in the car on your way to your new house in michigan. you had gotten an offer from one of the coaches at the usa hockey arena, asking if you wanted to come play for them. of course you agreed, which meant that you had to move from canada to michigan.

the car pulled up into your new driveway and was put in park. you hopped out and looked over to your new neighbors driveway. there were 4 people playing roller hockey. one man, who looked to be the boys dad, and 3 other boys who you assumed were his children. one of the boys playing looked your age, the other two look to be his brothers. you saw them look over at your family, so you turned your head, grabbed your hockey bag out of the back and walked inside.

you walked upstairs and set your bag down in one of the rooms. you walked back downstairs to help with the other boxes. you grabbed a box, and underestimated how heavy it really was.

"you need help with that box?" you look over to see one of the boys from earlier.

you raise your eyebrows at him,

"sure," you sigh handing him the box that you were struggling with. you grab another box, this one lighter.

"thanks," you say to him.

"my name's luke, where'd you move from?" he asks as you lead him upstairs.

"canada, and my names y/n." you say, setting the box down in your room and smiling at luke.

"i used to live in canada," he says.

"cool," you say as you head back downstairs with him.

"so... why'd you move here?" he questions as he picks up another box from outside.

"for hockey, i'm going to play on the usa team."

"really!? i play for them too! so you're going to be the first girl." he says with a huge smile.

"i know, so i guess we're neighbors and teammates," you say to him.

"i guess we are."

the two of you walk back down stairs and out your front door.

"thanks for the help, i appreciate it," you say to luke, blushing.

"it's no problem y/n."

the two of you stand there for what feels like hours, but is only really about ten minutes. you got to know each other and exchanged numbers.

"would you, uh, maybe like to go out with me sometime?" he stutters.

"i would love to," you say with a big smile.

"okay, i'll text you later." he says.

you nod your head and he walks back over to his driveway. you hear cheering from the house next door to yours. looking over, you see luke being pat on the back from the 2 other boys and man from earlier.

you smile and shake your head, walking back inside your new house.

wc: 491
have a super day!!💜