the lake

**rewritten/edited 07/22/2021

^this imagine is based off of luke (top right) in this recent picture from 8/14/20. he looks very tan and attractive doesn't he? (also, jack needs to cut his hair😳)

a/n- okay, thank you all so much for 6k reads! it means the world to me that you read my work and enjoy it! i really enjoyed writing this piece, i thought that it was very cute, please let me know what you think! :)

since the covid cases had begun to decrease in new hampshire, you and your family had decided to make the drive up to your family lake house for the rest of the summer.

you had just gotten to the house and it seems as though there was another group of people at the house next to yours.

you were tanning on the back deck, on a lounge chair, when you hear a ruckus from the house next door. you could see clearly into their backyard because there was no fence. there had to have been at least 10 boys.

you hear a click from the door behind you and you see your family come out of the back door. they all get on the boat and your dad motions you on too. you see the group from next door looking over at you. you raise your eyebrows at them and they all turn their heads away, embarrassed from being caught staring.

after driving around for a bit on the boat, you decide to take a turn on the tube. you jump off the back of the boat and pull yourself onto the tube.

your dad was driving the boat and you were in the tube tied to the back of it. you gripped the handles and gave your dad a thumbs up, signaling that he could go.

your dad starts the engine and you take off, your body jerking forwards. you stay if the tube for pretty long until your dad hits a sharp turn and makes you go flying in the air. you must have gone at least a couple of feet in the air because when you hit the water, your body stings. you're sure that there will be a bruise forming there soon.

you swim back up to the surface and start to cough, it felt like you had inhaled gallons of water.

you hear laughing coming from behind you and you turn your head. you see the same group of boys from before on a boat.

"that was sick!" the one with the backwards ball cap says.

you nod your head at them and swim back to the boat, this time you decide to wakeboard. you jump back into the water and your mom throws the board into the water for you. you strap your feet in and grab onto the rope.

your dad once again starts the boat and you immediately stand up on the board. you had done this before so it was fairly easier than having to try and do it for the first time. you eventually let go of the rope, but manage to stay on the board, surfing in the boats wake.

you hear clapping and turn your head to see the same group of guys on one boat from earlier.

"isn't that hard?" one of the boys asks you.

"not once you get the hang of it," you say to them, focusing on your movements to stay afloat.

they drive off and you and your family call it a day on the water, since the sun was beginning to go down. your dad drives the boat back to your lake house and you all get off. you look over to see the same group of boys ok the boat from earlier at the house next to you. one of them sees you and points, making all the boys turn their heads towards you.

they begin pushing one of the boys towards you but he's resisting. they eventually get him over to where you are and they run back, leaving him with you.

"i'm luke," the boys says, putting his hand out for you to shake. you take in his appearance, light blue, almost grey swim trunks, no shirt, and wild curls.

"y/n," you say to him, shaking his hand. he looks you up and down and smirks.

"i think you're really pretty and was wondering if maybe you wanted to hang out with me tomorrow? we can go on my family's boat?" he rambles.

"sure, sounds fun." you say to him, smiling.

"okay, great," luke says, clearly excited that you would be joining him the next day. he smiles at you one last time before he heads back over to where the rest of the boys were, watching the two of you in the backyard of the their lake house.

you lean your head back and smile, wishing on a shooting star.

you couldn't wait for tomorrow.

wc: 837
have a nice day y'all!💜💜