pool party

**rewritten/edited 07/01/2021

you were taryn tkachuk's best friend, and she was yours. you two always did everything together. you were like a little sister to matthew and brady and another daughter to chantal and keith.

the tkachuk's were having their annual pool party and you were invited. taryn told you that some old family friends were flying in today from michigan. the hughes' family.

the time for you to leave for the party had finally arrived and you were wearing a light blue bikini and a little black dress as a cover up. you drive to their house, only to see a line of cars on the street. you parked your car and walked up the pathway leading to their house and rang the door bell. matthew answered and gave you a quick hug.

"taryn, y/n's here!" he yelled to his younger sister.

she came running down the stairs and tackled you into a hug. she took you to the kitchen and got you a glass of water. you two talked for about 20 minutes before you were interrupted by her mom, chantel.

"hey y/n, how are you sweetie? i haven't seen you in so long! i have some people i would like you to meet," chantal says, as a family of 5 enters the room.

"this is the hughes family. jim, ellen, quinn, jack, and luke." she says as you are shaking their hands. jack elbows luke with a smirk on his face, because he was just staring at you. you had to admit, he was really cute. you hoped that he would talk to you some time today.

"it's nice to meet you guys," you say with a smile

"you too dear," ellen says with a warm smile.

taryn grabs your hand and takes you outside, you both take of your coverups and jump into the pool splashing the people around you. you and taryn mess around for about a half hour before going inside to get something to eat. you put a burger and some veggies onto your plate and make your way over to taryn at the table.

suddenly, someone is pushed into you. you stumble a bit before regaining your balance. you look over to see luke with a red face and matthew, brady, quinn, and jack with smirks on their faces.

"you okay?" you say to luke in amusement.

"yeah," he mumbles.

"okay, well i'm going to go eat with—"

your sentence is cut off when luke takes your plate, sets it on the counter and drags you outside. he motions for you to sit at the picnic table and you do. he follows in suit, sitting directly beside you.

"look y/n, i, um, think that you're really, really pretty and i was wondering if you would like to go on a date while i'm still in town?" he says, looking in your eyes.

your taken aback, you didn't expect him to say that.

"sure, i would love to!" you say, beaming.

"great, i'll give you my number," luke says, you two exchange numbers, then head back inside.

you find taryn still sitting at the table with her family and the rest of the hughes family. she sees you coming and smirks at you.

"sooo, did he ask you out?" taryn says.

"yeah," you mumble, a light blush dusting your cheeks.

"finally! luke hasn't been able to keep his eyes off of you at all tonight." jack says. both family's at the table nod in agreement.

you and luke both blush bright red.

"i can't help it you guys, she's gorgeous!" luke says in amazement.

you blush an even darker shade of red as the two family's at the table 'awe' at you guys.

wc: 633
have a nice day y'all!