the walk

**rewritten/edited 07/21/2021

you leashed up your dog and said goodbye to your parents. you were going to take your dog in a walk to kill some time. during the quarantine that was going on, everyone was searching for something to occupy themselves with.

after you had walked out the front door, you made sure to lock it behind you. you walked down the steps of your porch and onto the sidewalk.

the beginning of the walk was mostly uneventful, except for your dog getting excited by seeing a squirrel running around in someone's yard.

the two of you continue on your walk. you're about half way through when you pass by a house that had three boys playing hockey in the street.

you were admiring the beauty of the landscape around you. the colorful flowers on the bushes and the bright blue sky above.

you hear a skidding sound, and a hockey puck suddenly skids in your direction and lands by your feet.

one of the boys comes to retrieve the puck but stops in front of you. you recognize that it's luke, from math class, he always sat behind you.

luke studies your features, because he couldn't remember where he had seen you before. realization dawns across his features and he smiles.

"y/n, right?" he asks, giving you a wide grin.

"yeah, and you're luke," you say to him.

"yeah, i've seen you at school." he says.

"right, we had math together."

"oh yeah," he says, bending down to pick up the puck from the ground.

"luke would you hurry up man?! just ask her out and bring up the puck," one of the boys complains.

"sorry, that's my brother." luke says, rubbing his neck.

"it's okay," you say with a laugh.

luke takes a deep breath before saying,

"y'know, i've always thought you were really pretty."

you blush, "really?" you ask.

"of course, do you think we could hang out sometime? maybe go on a date after this all clears up?"

you nod your head and he pulls out his phone from his back pocket. you type your number in his phone. luke quickly reaches down to pet your dogs head, because he was begging for attention.

"it was nice to see you," you say, a smile gracing your features.

"it was nice to see you too. i'll text you later."

you nod against and begin the walk back to your house.

you turn your head around, only to see luke with a red face, clearly being teased by his brothers.

wc: 439
sorry that it's kind of short, have a nice day!💜💜