use me (pt. 1)

**rewritten/edited 08/07/2021

i hope you enjoy!!

you and luke were watching tv when you suddenly needed to use the restroom.

"i'll be right back," you say to your boyfriend of a year. he pouts at you and you giggle at his reaction.

you lift yourself out of his lap and then off of his bed. you set your phone on the sheets next to luke. then, you walk out of his room and into the bathroom.

while you're gone, your phone vibrates on luke's bed and he picks it up for you while your in the bathroom. jack's contact comes up with a picture of him and luke wonders why you're texting his brother. he tosses it back into the bed out of anger.

you walk out of the bathroom and make your way back to your boyfriend luke's room. you open the door to his room and close it behind you. you look up and luke is looking at you with his eyebrows furrowed and his hand is pushing through his curly hair, clearly upset.

"what's up?" you ask him, clearly seeing that something is bothering him.

"why are you texting my brother?" luke asks, picking up your phone from where he tossed it previously. your head quickly snaps up to meet his gaze and you grab the phone out of his hand. luke gives you a confused look.

"are you cheating on me with jack?" luke then asks you, his eyes going wide.

"no! no, never!" you exclaim, violently shaking your head to get the point across.

"then why are you texting him?" he asks, dejected. he looked so sad and you wanted to tell him that you had noticed how sad he had been recently and texted his brothers asking if they would come and visit luke. of course they both agreed and wanted it to be a surprise. both of their flights were supposed to get in soon, that's why they were texting you now, to let you know that their flight had just landed. you had made it so far without luke suspecting anything, until today.

"i can't give you an answer to that luke," you didn't know what else to say to him. his face falls and you instantly reach out to comfort him. he backs away from you and shakes his head.

"if you're gonna lie to me, then i don't wanna see you anymore."

"luke...you don't mean that," you try to reach out to him once more. once again, he takes a step back from you.

"yeah, i do. if you're gonna be texting jack and you're not even going to tell me why, then i don't know if i can't trust you anymore. i've had so many people use me just to get to jack and quinn and i thought you were different. i just need some space." he says to you and it's like a knife through your heart.

you nod your head at your boyfriend, but you're not even sure if you can call him that anymore. you let yourself out of his room and make your way down the stairs in the hughes' household. just as you're about to hit the last step on the staircase, you make eye contact with quinn.

wc: 559
hope you like it! have a good day/night!!💜💜