the fair

**rewriiten/edited 07/20/2021

thank you all so much for 3k reads! it means so much to me!

the smell of butter and fried food engulfs you and luke as you walk through the gates of the county fair. luke had insisted that the two of you go because it's only in town for a week.

you drag luke over to the ring toss game, telling him how cute the stuffed octopus was. luke tells you that he is going to win it for you. he reaches his hand into his pocket, fishing out his wallet to handing money to the worker. the worker hands luke four metal rings for the game.

luke throws the first ring, but misses.

"you got it babe," you say, trying to encourage him.

he throws the last three rings, landing all of them on the glass bottles. the man working asks him which prize he wants. luke instantly points to the giant stuffed octopus. luke hands it to you and you grab it, smiling at him.

"it's so cute, thank you!" you squeal.

"not as cute as you, but you're welcome," luke says, not even trying to hide his smirk.

you roll your eyes at him, laughing.

you and luke wander around the fair grounds for a little while trying to figure out what to do.

you hear luke's stomach growl and you look over at him, amused.

"we just ate before we left," you say to him.

"i'm a growing boy, leave me alone!" he protests. you laugh at him and you both walk over to where a man is selling corn dogs. luke buys two and hands one to you. you thank him and you both sit down at a picnic table.

luke had said that he wanted to go on the ferris wheel, so you both finished eating and made your way over to it. the two of you were waiting in line for the ride. it was finally your turn, you got in first, luke following in suit. you set the octopus on your lap and grabbed lukes hand.

the two of were riding for about five minutes, before you had make it to the top and the view was beautiful. the skyline lit up at night was breathtaking. you look over at luke, but he is already staring at you. he smiles at you and leans in to kiss you. you kiss back and pull away once you begin to make your way down.

once at the bottom, luke gets out first, offering his hand to you. you take it and hop out of the seat, making sure to grab your new stuffed animal. you and luke agree to leave and walk to his car.

luke drives you home and parks in your driveway. he looks over at you and smiles.

"you have know idea what you do to me y/n," luke says with a blush.

"you have no idea what you do to me." you say pointedly.

"this was the best date ever y/n."

wc: 515
have a great day!!