far away

hey yall!!! so i think this was such a cute idea and i hope you all love it!!💜

"so how was your day?" your boyfriend, luke, asks you over facetime. he was out of town for a hockey game and wouldn't be back for about a week or so.

"eh, it was okay. didn't do much today, just missing you," you reply, giving him a soft smile, which turns into a yawn

luke takes a deep breath in gives you a look.

"are you sure you didn't do anything today? you haven't stopped yawing since we first go on," he claims. you feel the heat rush to your cheeks at his assumption. he raises his eyebrow in question, waiting for you to reply.

"well, i can't really sleep without you with me," you reveal to luke.

"you have haven't slept at all since i've been gone?"

you shake your head side to side. he sighs and runs his eyes.

"y/n, i've been gone for 5 (five) days, you're telling me that you haven't slept in 5 (five) days?" he pesters.

"nope. i told you luke, i just can't sleep without you."

"well, you can now. go to bed, we don't have a game tomorrow, so i'll stay on facetime with you until you fall asleep babe. you need to sleep, it's not good to go so many days without it." he lightly scolds you.

"i know and i'm sorry, hopefully i can get some sleep tonight." you say as you plug your phone in so that it doesn't die on him while you're asleep. you lean your phone against your lamp and rest your head on your pillow and bring your covers overtop your shoulders.

you can hear luke climb into bed and prop his phone up as well.

"i love you," he says to you giving you a shy smile.

"i love you too, thank you for doing this."

"anytime, we should do this more often when i'm away. i'm just sorta sad you didn't tell me earlier that you couldn't sleep." he mumbles into his pillow.

"i didn't want you to worry, but it's okay luke, i'm fine now," you say blowing him a kiss through the camera.

he does the same back and your eyelids begin to flutter shut. not too long after, luke's do the same, both of you finding peace in the sound of each other breathing softly.

-

when you wake up the next morning, you feel refreshed. you were finally able to sleep with luke not physically there in the same bed as you.

when you look up at the phone in the same spot you left it, it shows luke walking around with his phone in his hand. he finally sees that you're awake, having woken up 2 (two) hours prior to you for a team event.

"hey! i've been wondering when you would wake up," he exclaims and in the background of the facetime you can see some of lukes teammates waving at the camera.

"how long have you been up for? why didn't you just hang up luke? if you had stuff to do that's fine," you quickly say, worried that he might get in trouble with one of his coaches for being on his phone.

"y/n, calm down. i wasn't gonna hang up until you woke up, and now you're up," he says, a large grin on his face.

"you weren't going to hang up until i woke up?" you question, a small smile creeping onto your lips.

luke shakes his head and gives you bashful grin.

"i'm never gonna leave you hanging."

wc: 613
i hope you liked this one!!!💜🏒