injury

**rewritten/edited 08/27/2021

so in case some of y'all didn't know, luke is injured and out for the rest of the season. he suffered from a lower body injury, but, he is expected to be skating by this summer, so hopefully he doesn't loose his draft spot!!🏒

i felt inspired to write a little something about comforting him with the injury, so here it is!💜

"i'm gonna be out for the rest of the season, aren't i?" he looks defeated as he sits on his bed, back resting against his headboard and his left foot elevated on a pillow. you sigh.

"i'm sorry, luke," you tell him, you can see his heartbreak and his eyes begin to get glassy with tears.

"this isn't fair, y/n. i already lost last season to covid and now this season because of some stupid injury. this kinda stuff always happens to me and it's not fair." he voice is shaky as he rants to you.

you had to agree, it wasn't fair to him. he didn't deserve this. he was supposed to have the time of his life while playing for the ntdp, but his season got cut short last year, and now, it's getting cut short once again.

"i talked to your mom. she told me that the doctor said if everything goes well, you'll be back by the summer, and just in time for the draft." you try to reason, giving him a small smile, but he's not having any of it.

you can see he's about to breakdown mentally and you rush over to his side. you you place yourself gently onto his lap, careful not to hurt his foot. you put your finger under his chin to make him look at you. once you make eye contact, the tears start to fall.

"jack and quinn got to experience playing for usa and they said they had some of the best times of their lives. now, i'm stuck here in bed, watching my team play without me and there's nothing i can do about it, it's so frustrating." he lets it all out.

"hey. hey, luke," you press, trying to get his attention.

"it's gonna be okay, i promise." you say as you place your hands on his cheeks and swipe his tears away with your thumb. he leans into your touch and wraps his arms around your back, pulling you down on top of him.

his hands rub circles on your back and his head is in the crook of your neck, tears leaving a wet spot on your shirt.

your hands make their way to his hair and you gently pull it back so that his head lifts a little from your neck.

you press a short peck to his lips and he leans his forehead against yours.

eventually, his breathing evens out. he was tired from crying and exhausted from the day, not that you could blame him.

you rest your head on his chest and his head falls on top of yours.

"i know you'll be back in no time, lukey." you whisper to his sleepy figure.

he doesn't respond verbally, but he pulls you into his chest tighter, grabs your hand and squeezes 3 (three) times and you know he's saying 'i love you.'

wc: 558
i hope you liked it!!💜💜