mornings with you

**rewritten/edited 08/14/2021

hey guyyyyssss!!! i hope you enjoy!! that you all so so much for 40k reads, that is actually crazy!!!💜💜

anyways, i love you all and i hope you all stay safe and enjoy the nhl season!!💜🏒

you groan and stretch from your position on the bed. you feel a weight on your back and you lift up your head. luke has his arm resting over your back and his other one hanging off his bed.

the two of you must have fallen asleep after staying up and watching a few different movies late last night.

you sit up a little bit and try to blink the grogginess out of your eyes. you rub your eyes and let out a yawn.

you feel the bed stir next to you and he opens his eyes the tiniest bit. his curls are all over the place and he's shirtless, clad only in a pair of sweatpants.

"are you watching me?" he asks you, adding a teasing tone to his raspy morning voice.

your face heats up from being caught staring and you look away.

"awe, hey don't worry, i like to stare at you too if that makes you feel any better," he confesses, his face reddening.

"oh really?" you ask him in the same tone he used with you earlier.

"oh no, that's not fair, you can't tease me now y/n," luke says and he reaches his arm around your back to tickle your side. you squirm in your spot and you can't help but laugh.

"luke, stop," you say gasping for air.

he lets up for a few seconds before he tickles you once more. he stops and pulls you towards him. now, you're both on your sides, facing each other. lukes hand reaches up to cup your cheek and you lean into his warmth. he puts his other hand in your hair and scratches at your head a tiny bit. your eyes flutter shut from the feeling.

he stops his hand and you open your eyes. luke is smiling at you with a glint in his eyes.

"what?" you whisper to him.

"mornings with you just make me really happy. i love you so much."

wc: 378
i hope y'all like it!!🥰