meet the hughes'

**rewritten/edited 06/29/2021

you were finally going to meet your boyfriend's family. you were super nervous and didn't want to make a fool of yourself. you had been dating luke for 4 months and he has already met your family. your family loves him so much, they always ask about him at dinner. you know how much luke values his family's opinion, so you had a right to be nervous.

sure, you had been over to his house before, but it had only ever been the two of you. you had only been over once though, and you two had watched a movie in his bedroom and snuck in kisses here and there.

luke had told you to dress casual because you were only eating at his house and not going out. you get dressed into a floral tshirt and jeans with rips in the knees and you put on your shoes. you put on some light make up and decide to leave your hair down.

you get in your car and take a deep breath. "i got this" you said to yourself as you pushed your key into the ignition, silently hoping that you don't embarrass yourself.

you pull into their driveway and see a white house with flowers planted in the front yard. you see a basketball court and an ice rink in the backyard. you walk up the small set of stairs to the front door and hesitantly ring the door bell. after you ring the doorbell, the door swings open and you are met with a gush of warm air and the smirking faces of the two older hughes brothers.

"so, you're lukes girlfriend."

you smile and nod your head, "i'm y/n, it's nice so to meet you both," you stuck out your hand for them to shake.

after the introductions of the two oldest hughes, you were let inside and instantly ingulfed with the warmth of their house compared to the chilly michigan breeze.

"luke, your girlfriends here!" jack yelled up the stairs.

instantly there are feet pounding down the stairs, you look over to see your boyfriend of 4 months. he automatically brings you into a hug.

the sound of 'awwing' could be heard throughout the house. you both look over, only to see that his parents have joined the two older brothers. you pull away from luke and introduce yourself.

"hi, i'm y/n, it is so nice to meet you mr. and mrs. hughes." you say while you shake their hands.

"sweetie, you have no idea how long we have been waiting to meet you. luke talks about you all the time."

you look over at luke and see that he is looking at the ground, blushing.

"all good things i hope." you say as you are led into their kitchen.

ellen nods her head and and tells everyone to take a seat at the table.

luke pulls out a chair for you and you sit down. a plate is placed in front of you.

"this looks so good mrs. hughes," you say.

"thank you, and hunny, call me ellen,"
she responds.

everyone digs in and the hughes family asks many questions about you.

"how old are you?"
"what's your favorite sport?"
"do you play hockey?"
"how long have you and luke been dating?"

you blush, feeling overwhelmed with questions.

"i'm 17, i turn 18 in december. my favorite sport is obviously hockey, and yes i play on the usa team with luke. we have been dating for 4 months."

quinn hums, seeming impressed with your answers, while jack gapes at you.

"you are literally perfect for luke," he says. you blush.

you all finish eating while exchanging questions about one another. you help ellen clean up as the boys sit down to watch a game.

"you're really good for luke. i'm glad you two are dating." she says.

"thanks ellen, that means a lot."

you finish putting the dishes in their designated cabinets and the silverware in their correct drawer and look down at your phone.

"well, thank you for having me, i have to be home soon. it was nice to meet you all," you say to the family.

"it was nice to meet you too." they say.

luke walks you to the door with a hand on the small of your back. he opens the door and walks you to your car. you are instantly met with the cold michigan air. luke sees your goosebumps and quickly takes off his hoodie handing it to you. you blush and put it over your head, smiling.

"thanks," you say.

"anything for you," he replys.

"i really like your family." i breathe.

"they love you. while you and my mom were putting dishes away, my dad told me that he really likes you and my brothers kept telling how whipped i am for you," you blush at his last statement.

"that's so cute."you say, teasing him.

"yeah, yeah." he says trying to play it off.

"well, i'll see you tomorrow, we're still going to see that new movie right?"

"yep," he says while nodding his head.

you stand on your tippy toes and give him one last hug goodbye. you wrap your arms behind his neck so that you are facing his house. you see his two brothers, with their phones out, no doubt recording you two.

"luke," you say point towards them.

he whips around only to see his brothers but they quickly duck, realizing they had been caught.

"sorry about them," he says while rubbing the back of his neck.

you say nothing, and press a kiss to his lips. saying one last goodbye before getting in your car and pulling out of his driveway. in your rear view mirror, you see him with a small smile on his face.

luke walks back inside of his house with a wide smile spread across his face. he is instantly met with the grinning faces of his family.

"you did good son." jim says to his youngest.

"thanks dad," he says. he is sure his face looks like a tomato by this point. they all sit down to watch a game, all while teasing luke about his new girlfriend, but luke wouldn't have it another way.

wc: 1054
have a lovely day!