playground

**rewritten/edited 08/24/2021

I HOPE YOU ALL LIKE IT!!!! I LOVE THE FEEDBACK I'VE BEEN GETTING!!💜💜💜

you kicked little pebbles with your feet as you and luke walked to the park that was about 5 (five) minutes away from his house. it was about 9:30pm (nine - thirty) so you knew no one would be there.

you used to love to go to the park, but as you got older you just quit going.

in a way, this was sorta like an impromptu date, you and luke had been hanging out for months and you both knew you liked each other, but no one rushed to make the next move.

the moon and stars are shining down on you. their bright light giving you and luke a shadow on the sidewalk.

your short walk is finally over when you reach the park. the wood chips crunching and cracking under the weight of your feet.

you immediately jog over to the swing and hop on.

"luke! come push me!" you giggle towards the boy. he laughs at your immaturity and you just playfully roll your eyes in response.

he gets behind you and begins to push on your back. you pump your legs for momentum to get yourself higher.

you must have looked up at just the right time to see a small, yet bright light moving in the night sky.

"luke," you say, pointing up at the sky. he stops the swing, follows your finger with his eyes and looks up. he smiles once he sees what you're pointing at.

"you've gotta make a wish now, y/n," he tells you, tilting his head and raising his eyebrows to try and get his point across.

you look up at the star once more and then close your eyes and make a wish. a second later, you open your eyes and luke is already staring at you. you can already hear what he about to say before he actually does. you smirk at him and say:

"i can't tell you what i wished for luke, otherwise it won't come true," you say, teasing. he rolls his eyes because he knew that you knew exactly what he was going to say.

the next few minutes are silent, just the two of you admiring one another with small smiles on your faces. finally you break the silence when you see luke with a big smile on his face that wasn't there before.

"what are you—," he muffled your words by finally kissing you. and you didn't want to be cliche or cringey or anything, but, it was everything you were missing. you had been waiting for him to kiss you ever since the 2 (two) of you had gone on your first date.

when you both finally pull back from each other's lips, you sigh. you skate your head and a big smile overtakes your face.

"i really like you, luke," you tell the boy.

"well then good thing the feelings mutual," he says, placing his hand on your cheek and pulling you into yet another kiss.

wc: 528
i how you all have a great day or night!!💜💜