anniversary dinner

**rewritten/edited 07/26/2021

you were all dressed up, waiting on the couch for your boyfriend. it was your six month anniversary with luke. he had insisted that the two of you go out for a nice dinner.

the doorbell rang and you hit up and opened the door. there stands luke in a nice button up and slacks.

"happy six months, y/n," he smiles at you and hands you a large bouquet of flowers. he hands then to you and you bring them up to your nose to smell them.

"happy six months to you too, and these are gorgeous," you exclaim.

"just like you," he says, blushing and rubbing the back of his neck. you set the flowers on the table next to the door. you close the door and lock it. luke opens his car door for you, then runs around the front of his car and slips into the drivers seat.

luke grabs your hand over the console of the car, intertwining it with his.

"so, the reservations at 6:15."

"sounds good," you smile at him and press a kiss to his cheek.

luke pulls up to the restaurant and parks the car. he gets out first, then jogs around and opens your door. you thank him and he opens the restaurant door for you too. he walks up to the hostess and tells her his last name.

she grabs two menus and motions for you both to follow. luke nods at you to go first and he puts a hand on the small of your back. once you get to your table, he pulls out the chair for you, then pushes it in. luke seats himself and you both order your drinks.

"thanks for taking me here," you smile at luke.

"anything for you babe." he says and he leans across the table to kiss your lips.

you both study your menus trying to figure out what to eat. the waiter comes back with your drinks and proceeds to take your order.

luke makes small talk with you, mostly just talking about the win at last nights game. the waiter brings over your food and the both of you dig in.

once the both of you are done eating, luke covers the check, ignoring your protests.

"i got it babe, don't worry about it," he says referring to the check in his hand.

you nod your head and thanks him. you both get up out of your chairs and start towards the door.

once you get back into his car and luke drives you back home. he parks his car in front of your house.

"thank you for dinner, it was really good," you say, looking him in his eyes.

"of course." he says.

"i love you, like, a lot," you say to him.

"y/n," he sighs, "you have no idea how much you mean to me. i love you the most."

wc: 497
have a great day!💜💜