skating

**rewritten/edited 07/13/2021

"what if i fall?" you question, narrowing your eyes at luke.

"i won't let you fall y/n, i promise," luke said.

luke had told you that he would set up the rink in his back yard just for the two of you. it also worked in his favor, because with the cold weather coming to michigan, he wouldn't have to set up the rink up again.

he had begged you to let him teach you how to skate. you had eventually agreed, because you were tired of him asking. you were very nervous about making a compete and utter fool of yourself in front of him. he had just finished tying your skates and then tied his. he takes your arm and steps into the ice first. you take a slow step onto the ice that lies beneath you.

you take deep breaths and try to calm down, not wanting to embarrass yourself. luke takes your hands and leads you on the ice. he was skating backwards, and you forwards. the two of you skating laps on the ice.

"okay i'm going to let go now," luke says, dropping your hands.

you nod your head at him and begin to skate around on your own.

"luke look! i'm doing it—"

you loose your balance and begin to fall over. luke quickly moves to catch you, but falls over with you, landing with his back in the ice. you land on top of him, laughing.

"i thought you wouldn't let me fall," you say, looking down at him.

"i know, i know, i'm sorry." he says, playfully rolling his eyes.

the two of you fall silent, still in the same position. luke leans his head up and grabs the back of your neck to pull yours down, connecting your lips.

you two break apart and you get up, trying to keep your balance. luke jumps up and grabs your hands. dragging you around the ice once more.

after about an hour of skating you get cold and your legs begin to hurt so luke leads you off of the ice and to a bench beside the rink. he takes your skates off, then his and looks over at his house.

"oh god," he groans, pointing to his kitchen window.

you look over at his kitchen window, only to see his parents watching from the kitchen window with smiles on their faces.

wc: 412
have a nice day!