prom night

**rewritten/edited 08/20/2021

hey y'all!! so good news, my power turned back on, and my water!! (were under a boil notice for our water) but i'm so glad that everything seems to be getting back to normal for the most part! i hope you all are staying safe and healthy!!💜💜

this was requested by: HBgirl9 —i hope you enjoy!!!

with your hand on the railing, you walk down the stairs, your heels hitting each stair, making a clicking noise. luke looks up from the ground and his mouth opens to speak. he was dressed in a black suit with a bow tie and he looked so handsome.

"you look...," he struggles to find his words, his mouth dropped open.

"careful luke, you better close your mouth, you don't wanna catch flies," you tease him.

he chuckles and looks you up and down. when he meets your eyes again he gives you a wink.

"c'mon babe, let's go, we don't wanna be late."

//////

luke had pulled into the school parking lot and parked in one of the spots. he ran around his car and opened the door for you. the two of you interlocked your hands together.

when you walked inside the school gym, it was completely transformed from its original state. there were strands of lights hung from the ceiling and confetti and glitter scattered on the floor. there were dozens of tables and chairs, each table holding a unique bouquet of flowers and fake candles. the bleachers were put up and the middle of the gym was made into a dance floor, with multiple students already dancing.

you and luke find your other friends on the dance floor and make your way over to them. they all cheer once you get to them and you all dance for a while. when your feet begin to get tired, luke offers to go get you a plate of food while you go sit. you agree, and he doesn't take long to stack a plate full of food.

he brings you over some appetizers and you both snack on them for a few minutes. when the night begins to come to and end, the student body announces prom kind and queen.

"our prom king this year is... luke hughes!" luke stands up from where he was sitting beside you, a look of surprise in his eyes. he stands still for a moment and you have to usher him up to the stage where they place a fake crown on his head.

"and prom queen is... y/n l/n!" a tiny gasp leaves your mouth at the announcement. your friends around your table all cheer and practically push you onto the stage. luke smiles at you and grasps your hand in his. they place a fake tiara on top of your head and you thank them.

the dance floor is cleared for you and luke and slow music is played out if the loud speakers.

luke pulls you into his arms and the two of you sway from side to side in front of everyone. luke leans into your ear and says:

"you look absolutely stunning tonight," he tells you as he places a soft peck to your cheek. you audibly 'awe' at him.

"and you look very, very, handsome tonight lukey," he blushes at your statement and shakes his head.

"maybe, but nothing could ever compare to you."

wc: 582
i hope you all liked it! stay safe and healthy everyone!!💜💜