hugs

hey y'all!! i hope you're having a fantastic day and i just wanted to say thank you so much for 73.3k reads and over 1k votes on this book! i appreciate you and love you all so so much!!💜💜

you promised luke that you would come over, you had even texted him that you were on your way almost two hours ago, yet there was still no sign of you. you haven't returned his calls or texts, part of him was letting his worries take over but his anger outweighed his worries.

he was upset that you were missing date night, the one night a week where you and luke would set aside time for each other and on one else. you would both turn your phones off and focus on one another.

all he wanted was to spend some time with you. he wanted to have you talk about your day while you both cooked dinner together. he wanted to kiss you mid sentence, turn off the stove and wrap his arms around you.

"i'm home," you said as you pushed open the door, sniffling as you wiped your nose with the sleeve of your (his) hoodie.

luke pushed himself up from his seat on the couch when you shut the door behind yourself. you let your backpack drop to the floor as you squeezed your eyes shut, you leaned your head back on the wooden door, tears silently falling down your cheeks.

"y/n, i've been trying to get ahold of you for hours," luke huffed, too blindsided by his own anger to see that you were breaking down.

"where have you been—?"

"baby, are you alright?" luke's anger vanished the second he saw you and his frown morphed into a concerned expression as he took your hand and pulled you closer to him.

you didn't have the energy to respond right away. you stepped into his awaiting embrace, circling your arms around his waist and pulling him in as you rested your head on his chest.

"i'm sorry i missed date night," you sniffled and he relaxed. he smiled to himself, giving your head a kiss and rubbing up and down on your back.

"y/n, it's okay, it's fine, i promise," he kissed your forehead.

"y/n," he hushed your sobs and pulled you in, he circled his arms around your waist and held you close to him. your fingers curled around the material of his shirt and you hid your face in his chest.

"its alright, you had a rough day, i understand. now, quit worrying about the date, i'm gonna take care of you."

wc: 447
have a great day/night!💜