Episode 60

Sanghyuk

I got out of the convenience store after helping the girl who had some issue with the cashier, I was planning to do some grocery shopping but I wasn't in the mood after seeing what the cashier tried to do to this foreign girl, and to add she is deaf and she can't speak verbally. I would normally turn a blind eye to it because it is none of my business even though I learned sign language while I am here in Taiwan, but it doesn't mean that I should help anyone who had a speech disability or a hearing disability.

But I chose to help this girl because she reminds me of a certain someone, that certain someone that I have been wanting to see for the past 5 years. It has been 5 years since I saw her and I missed her a lot, I don't know how she is doing these days but I know that she is living well and eating well because she has a father who is extremely wealthy and people in families like that simply don't starve at all.

And I want to see Jooeun again, I know that it is impossible because I am here in Taiwan and she probably doesn't know that I am even here in the first place. With her father separating the both of us, I don't even think that there will be an opportunity that we will get to see each other again.

"Han Sanghyuk..." I heard a voice and it came from the girl, is she speaking? And how does she even know my name?

I looked up at her and I was immediately stunned, why is Choi Jooeun doing here for? I haven't seen her for the past 5 years and I might have been hallucinating a little to think that she would be here in Taiwan and I helped her out earlier, what is this coincidence? "Choi Jooeun?" I said to her and she nodded her head, her eyes filled with tears as she looked at me with those eyes, it has been so long since she looked at me like that.

It only took a second for me to run to her and put my arms around her, there was no time to hesitate. She is going to disappear if I take my time to figure out if she is real or not, I don't have the time to even think about it and I only know that she is going to disappear in front of my sight if I don't do anything about it. We hugged like that for the next 5 minutes and I reluctantly pulled away from her, she is still there and she looked so bad after crying her eyes out.

I stroked her head. "I missed you so much..." I said to her, I can't stop looking at her, this is the fact that I have been missing for the past 5 years.

She comes closer to me and our lips touched, it is the most amazing thing ever and I wished that I had kissed her earlier. It felt like fireworks exploded in my heart and I feel so happy receiving her kisses and then giving it back to her, I have been liking her for the past 5 years and I have confessed to her as well but I have never gotten the chance to tell her in person and kissed her.

But today I kissed her and I never want this to stop, I am scared that it might be a dream and I might wake up this instant and everything would be over. Please allow me to dream about Choi Jooeun for a bit longer...

"How have you been?" I asked her when we have stopped kissing each other and I am now in her hotel room, she didn't know where to go to and she decided that her hotel room is the safest place for us to be and the only person who is going to know about this is her butler whom she calls by Seungmin and he is a young man who just graduated from high school.

'Everything has been fine but it is not that important at all, what I want to know is your life and how it has been. Did my father do anything to you?' She asked me.

"Everything has been fine, I get free lodging and I get to live with my mother. There is nothing bad about this." I told her.

'I heard that you are not even allowed to go anywhere, what did my father even say to you?' She said to me. 'I want to know.'

"It doesn't matter, as long as I get to see you again, I don't care about anything else. How is everyone on your side?" I asked her, trying to avoid the topic.

'Yang DongMi is now a professional ballet dancer and she comes home only once a year to see me and her family and she goes back to dancing again.' She paused for a second. 'Do you want me to tell you about Cha HakYeon?'

Cha HakYeon is the one person that I never want to see again, he has done something horrible to Choi Jooeun and I can't believe that he is still around. If it wasn't for him, Choi Jooeun and I will not be separated and I wouldn't be forced to stay here without any way to leave Taiwan.

"Don't tell me that he is working for your father in his company and is made to do all the dirty work for him." He sounds like someone who has no backbone and he will do whatever it takes to survive in this world, even if it would be humiliating for him.

'He did exactly that, he is working as one of the higher-ups in the company and my father still likes him a lot.' She said.

"Did he try to do anything to you?" I asked her, I know that he has a thing for her and it would be bad if he has done anything to her in the past 5 years.

She shook her head. "I was just waiting for you to return to my side." Her reply was enough for me to fall in love with her again.