Episode 68

Jooeun

I stood in front of the arrival hall, waiting for one person to arrive from Japan, she has been performing there for the past few days and she is coming all the way here just to see me and be there for the wedding that I didn't ask for. I wasn't even aware that there was going to be a wedding until 2 hours ago when my father announced that I would be engaged to Cha HakYeon and we would marry each other in a month.

I didn't have time to prepare myself and I am having a mental breakdown right now, my brain is overloaded with bullshit and I want to cry right now. But I can't cry right now without seeing Yang DongMi who is my best friend for the past 5 years, I need her to comfort me and somehow help me get out of this ridiculous situation.

'Is she even coming out soon? We have been here for almost 15 minutes.' I told Seungmin who is calmly waiting for DongMi unlike me who is freaking out over everything.

"She just landed when she called me and it would take a few more minutes  for her to clear customs and enter the arrival hall, please calm down for a moment." He told me and I nearly wanted to smack him in the head but I can't, I don't have the energy to do exactly that and I feel like I am crumbling like mashed potatoes.

The door opened and I anticipated for Yang DongMi to appear behind the doors and she did, making me so happy as she walks to me in high spirits when the only thing that I want is to cry in her arms. "Seungmin, how's life?" She asked Seungmin as soon as she was within distance.

"Care about your friend, she is going to cry soon if you don't hug her." He pointed to me and she looked at me, giving me a look before giving me a tight hug, I resisted crying for a second but her hug was so warm and comfortable that I just brawled like a little child, she was everything that I needed right now.

I can't imagine not having her by my side during my toughest time, well she was there by me all the time and she helped me get through a lot of things and now she is going to help me once again.

We went to a cafe after travelling on the road for nearly 30 minutes and we arrived in Incheon where Yang DongMi's apartment is located, she didn't purchase an apartment in Seoul even though I want her to do that so she can be within reach when I need her but she is out of the country most of the time and having an apartment in Seoul is just going to get a waste of money.

"So what exactly happened? A wedding is supposed to be a happy thing and you are getting married." She said to me and then she quickly realized. "Oh right, you don't even like Cha HakYeon in the first place."

'My father didn't even tell me about it beforehand and he proceeded to tell the entire world about it and the whole world thinks that I am going to be happily married to the love of my life.' I said to her before proceeding to eat my cheesecake. 'Then why are you even here when you know that I am not going to be happy about it?'

"It is still a wedding and you need a maid of honour and I am going to be your maid of honour, you don't have any friends except for me and you don't have much of a choice anyway." She pointed to my butler. "It is not like he can be your maid of honour, he has to perfectly fit in the bridesmaid dress."

Seungmin rolled his eyes at her, it is clear that they had some kind of a love-hate relationship here that they have built up for the past 5 years. "Please, I will be the most beautiful bridesmaid there ever exist, your friend here just didn't want to blind everyone at the wedding because of my beauty."

"Don't be so brazen, everyone would die because of how you looked." She turned towards me. "So what do you want me to help? Do you think that it is a plan plotted by your father and Cha HakYeon?"

I nodded my head. 'It must be, I went to Taiwan 2 months ago and I managed to find Han Sanghyuk there--' She quickly put a hand up to stop me because I am going too fast and she doesn't have an idea that I actually went to Taiwan 2 months ago and saw Han sanghyuk there.

So I took the time to tell her the entire story and paced it a little slow so that she can understand everything that I am telling her, it is a simple thing, to be honest, and I didn't manage to return with Han Sanghyuk because he doesn't want me to. "He told you that he only sees you as a friend?" She asked me for confirmation. "Are you sure about that?"

'He told me straight in the fact that he doesn't like me and I was stuck in the friend zone all along, it turned out that I was the only one who thought that we had something.' She gave me the look that I don't like seeing. 'I am serious, he didn't even bat an eyelash when he told me that and I know that he isn't lying, the both of us were just friends and I spent the whole 5 years searching for a friend. Then what about all of that back then?'

I am still so mad when I remembered what he told me exactly, I wanted to punch him but I couldn't bring myself to do that, I don't have the heart to do that to someone that I used to have feelings for and I am glad that he told me or I will still be stuck in the past, not willing to move on. 'Whatever you are going to plan, don't hold anything back at all. I want Cha HakYeon and my father to get what they deserved for lying to me.'