Episode 20

JooEun

I was given cereal with milk at my table as my mother prepared that for me to eat for breakfast, she sat down next to me and examines my ankle where it is thickly wrapped up in a bandage. She touches it and I yelped in pain, a natural reaction to the ankle sprain that I have gotten yesterday during dance practice where I accidentally hurt myself during twirling in a full circle.

"Does it hurt a lot?" She asks and I nod my head, my eyebrows furrowing a little as she continues to touch around the whole area. "That's why you shouldn't join that useless dance club when you don't even know how to dance and you got injured."

It is the talk about me not being able to dance... 'Omma, I told you that it is what I want to do. It doesn't matter if I get injured, I will learn from it.' I gestured to her.

"No! I won't allow you to get injured because of what you love. That is not what you should do."

'Omma!' I heard a knock at the door and my mother turned her head towards it.

"Who is it?" She shouted and a male voice shouted back which surprised me but made me want to escape along with him at the same time. "Is it that kid that kicked down your door? Should I open the door for him?" I nodded and slurped my cereal really quickly not leaving anything behind, while my mother went to open the door for him. I wiped the side of my lips with a napkin before drinking everything that my glass of orange juice has to offer.

"Sanghyuk ssi, I didn't know that you would come here to pick up JooEun yourself." My mother spoke to him as she walks back to the dining table and he slowly walked to me, looking over my cereal bowl which is now empty. "JooEun, you have already finished your breakfast? I was going to pour you more cereal."

I stopped one hand up to protest. 'It's okay, I'm full. Thanks for breakfast.' I told her before getting my bag and standing up, a hand supported me by the arm and he got me to stand upright while he retrieves the clutches from the other side of the table.

That made me feel funny in the inside, was it because I ate too quickly? It was a very weird feeling that I have never felt before, it makes my heart beat a little faster and my body heats up, it is hot especially my cheeks, it is as if I'm having a fever.

"What's wrong?" He asks, giving me my clutches. I looked at his hands, it is now on the sides of his hips. They weren't touching my arm, I touched my cheeks to see if it is still heating up. It is not... He touched my forehead with one hand and another hand touching his own forehead, making my heart beat faster once again. Why is his touch making such a huge impact on my feelings?

"Are you feeling sick or something?" He asks, looking at me with such intense but yet harmless eyes. "You're a little hot. Are you having a fever?"

I shook my head once again and he took his hand off my forehead. "She doesn't have a fever, I checked her temperature. She's fine, maybe it is the weather which is making her heaty."

He nodded and got my schoolbag on his left shoulder. "Then I'll take care of everything and you will only be walking." He turned to my mother. "We will be going to school now, Mrs Choi."

We went out of the house and he immediately made a call for a cab despite my attempts to stop him, I don't want him to waste his money on me when he can use that money on something else. "It is coming in a few minutes, we will be able to make it to school on time." He told me when he came close to me making my heart beating for him. Why is that a simple action making myself react to him so much?

I don't have any feelings towards him, I'm definitely sure of that. We are just friends and he thinks the same as well, that's why he replied to me about me wanting me to be his friend. There is definitely nothing between the two of us...

He is not my type and I won't fall for him, I like guys like HakYeon sunbaenim. He is kind, passionate about his love for acting, polite towards others, not someone like Han SangHyuk. He is just a friend to me, he won't like me anyways as he only treats me like a friend. Just a friend...

'I will pay for that.' I showed him my phone and he shook his head. "I have already booked that since I have left the house, just take my offer for now." Yep, a friend... A best friend... I mouthed a thank you to him and he cleared his throat in return, his face turning away from me and I noticed that his ears were red. Is he feeling hot as well? His forehead is sweating a little and his face is turning a little red.

I took a tissue paper to him and he looked at me with a look of confusion, I pointed to his forehead and he just wiped it off with his hand. I looked at him with disgust as he decides to wipe his forehead with his hand which isn't clean enough then the piece of tissue paper. He raised an eyebrow and I rolled my eyes at him before looking at the front, a yellow car driving towards our direction with the taxi plate on the top of the car. We got into the car and I chose to sit at the back while he sits in the front with the taxi driver.

We reached school in no time and I eyed a girl waiting at the entrance with her iconic bangs and long hair always tied up in a ponytail, I waved at her as I got out of the car. Sanghyuk paid the driver and got me to DongMi ssi before parting ways with me, saying that he has to go to the toilet and telling DongMi ssi that she bring me to class.

"You came to school with him? How? You guys live in two opposite directions." She exclaimed.

I shrugged my shoulders. 'I don't know, he just showed up at my house and told me to go with him to school hence the taxi.' I told her.

"Sanghyuk is really that caring to you, he even came all the way to your house first thing in the morning. Are you sure that he is just a friend?"

'To be honest, I don't know now. He is making me confused about his actions.' I sighed. What am I to you exactly?