Episode 33

JooEun

I arrived at Sanghyuk's house with a heavy heart and I knocked on the door after multiple attempts of trying to knock on the door without retreating my hands instantly, it is not the first time that I have been to Sanghyuk's house but it feels like it is the first time when Sanghyuk's sister DaIn brought me to the house to oh stay the night.

It was as if it was all planned out for me, I had the argument with my family and I ran away from them that night to seek shelter at the nearby convenience store until I met Han DaIn, she noticed me mainly because of my blue puffy dress and she brought me back home after treating me to dinner which is just instant noodles but it seems to be luxury comfort food at that point of time because I was so hungry and I barely eat anything at that dinner.

She was just like an angel, she treated me more than a stranger that she met in the convenience store and she will be glad that I had feelings for her younger brother, that oblivious guy whose heart is purer than anyone in this world. I really hope that he accepts my confession because I really do like him and I will treat him well if I get to be his girlfriend.

"JooEun..." I looked up to find a tired-looking Han DaIn with mascara smeared all over her eyes and her cheeks were streaked with the melted mascara, she doesn't seem that she is fine. Something bad must have happened and I have no idea what that bad thing is.

I stood up and she immediately gave me a hug, sobbing hard. "JooEun-ah..." She wailed like a little baby and she cried like that for a while before she stops crying and grabs me by the shoulders. "Jooeun, you have to go to Sanghyuk right now. He needs a lot of help right now and you are the only one who can do that."

'Unnie, what happened to Sanghyuk?' I quickly conversed to her in sign language and she shook her head.

"Sanghyuk's grandmother got into a car accident and she got admitted to the hospital not long ago, we have stayed at the hospital all night but Sanghyuk refuses to leave her side for even a second. He is worrying me so much and he doesn't listen to whatever I say, I'm afraid that something bad might happen to him very soon." I immediately made the run for the lift where DaIn leads the way to the hospital where Sanghyuk's grandmother is staying at.

"Make sure to send me a text if there's anything that I can help with." She hugs me one last time before going off, she told me that she is going to get dinner for herself and the two of us and she would be back as soon as possible.

I breathed out any nervousness and gets into the lift to the floor that the intensive care unit is located in, DaIn unnie had told me that she is now in serious condition and anything bad might happen to her and they have no guarantee that she might even survive. A lone tear escapes my eye and I wiped it quickly, I can't cry in front of Sanghyuk, I can't do that in front of me who requires my comfort and he might feel even worse than before. I have to be strong for him so that he will be assured that he has me next to his side, I can't let him feel worse of going to lose someone precious.

I entered the huge metal doors of the intensive care unit and looked around for Sanghyuk's grandmother's name, it was at the corner and he is indeed standing outside the room, staring blankly at the glass panel while knocking his head softly on the glass. He looks so much different from the guy that I have just met a few hours ago, his eyes are so sunken after crying so much and he looks like he is going to faint.

I gently placed my hand on his back and he slowly turned around, looking at me with those puppy eyes without saying a word and then he slowly leaned into my tiny frame as he rests his chin on my shoulder, I wait for a little while and he starts weeping softly. I take in his scent that I liked and I slowly patted his back and that made him cry even louder and soon he was brawling like a little child.

Most people wouldn't cry like that unless it is something hurtful that has happened to them and they are deeply hurt by it, he is really close to his grandmother because she is the only one who had been there for him ever since he is a little child, his grandmother never scolded him unless for valid reasons and he would listen to her no matter what, the reason why he is so obedient to his grandmother is because he knows that his grandmother will always be there for him at all times.

But she wouldn't be always there for him, she is going to leave him one day and he is not prepared for it, no one is ever prepared for something like this and they wouldn't be calm handling such a serious matter like this. What I can do for him now is to be with him at all times and never leave his side, he needs something who is more mentally strong than him and someone who can provide him with the warm hugs that comfort him.

"Code Blue, we need serious help in here!" A nurse shouted loudly and the alarm rings really loudly as if it is not enough to aggravate the situation that we are in right now. A few nurses rushed into the room and his worst nightmare had come true, his grandmother has entered into critical condition and she needs serious help to stabilize her condition. The doctors also rushed a little later but they have all the equipment that can help his grandmother get her pulse back, and they start pumping her chest to get her heart start beating again.

Those 2 minutes that passed was like a flash and it all happened before I could even process it properly, it was all too sudden and I hated what I am seeing that is happening right in front of my eyes. I wished that it didn't happen just like that.

The doctor comes out of the room and patted Sanghyuk on the shoulder. "Sorry but we couldn't save your grandmother, she is gone. For good."