Episode 14

JooEun

I got out of the shower feeling much refreshed from the long day that I had and I wore the clothes that Han SangHyuk's sister had given me, it is a bit big compared to what I wear normally but I loved baggy clothes rather than getting suffocated in such small and tight clothes. I let my wet hair flow down to my chest area and I came out of the toilet, I bumped into someone else and I find myself falling backwards. It was Han SangHyuk and he had his hand go to my waist and I have been pulled away from danger, the pull was so strong that my head hit his chest.

I was in his embrace. "Are you okay?" He asked and I nodded, he let go of me immediately and stood a few meters away from me. "Then it is good. Don't think that I am always that kind, I didn't want anyone to die at my house tonight." He muttered as he walked away scratching his head and having a towel in his hand. Isn't he supposed to shower after me?

I went to where he was going and he was about to close the door, I pushed my hand on the door and he stopped closing the door. He opened the door and waited for me to 'say' something, I pointed to the towel in his hand. "What about the towel?" He asked. "I already showered." Liar, your hair isn't even wet...

I just stared at his hair. "I really did!" He repeated. "It just dried very instantly, my hair dries very fast. The water just evaporates--" I let out a chuckle and he stopped explaining his hair and the reason why he hasn't showered yet. "Don't laugh!" He yelled and he let out a long sigh. "Fine, I haven't showered." He seemed cute like this...

"Step aside, I have to go shower now." He instructed me and I did as what he said. "And you can sleep in my bed tonight, I will lay down a futon for myself later." He told me, his red ears shining brightly. Why are his ears so red? I thought that it was fine a moment ago...

I shrugged my shoulders and went into his room, his room is the typical boy's room where he has a single bed which is blue in colour, a desk table where is rarely used and it is fully cluttered with papers, a laptop in the middle of the table normally used for only gaming and nothing else. He really seemed a lot different than what I normally see him, he is always that aggressive whenever I see him, always being that rebellious student that doesn't listen to anyone.

I spotted a hairdryer in the corner of the room and I used it to dry my hair, I might catch a cold if I don't dry my hair. It was warm and soothing and it sure warmed me up, I feel a lot better when his sister approached me out of the blue and instead of just avoiding me like all the people that I have seen tonight, she was the only one to buy me food and to talk to me, not caring if I'm the illegitimate daughter of the Choi Family or a deaf and mute person.

She only has seen me as a fellow human, the same as she is, the same as what everyone is. I am just a normal person, I am just Choi JooEun and nothing else. I even cried in front of a complete stranger and I am in her house, a complete stranger can do all of this for me and not my real family members that probably only cared about money or fame. I wondered if my mother even cared about my well-being sometimes.

I heard the faint sound of someone knocking on the door and I immediately turned off the hairdryer, I placed the hairdryer on the table and walked to open the door. It was Han Sanghyuk's sister. "Where is hyukkie?" She asked me and I did the sign language for the toilet, she told me that she learned a bit of sign language and could understand a little of everything.

"Oh, really?" I nodded and she made her way to his bed and she sat down in it, she clearly sat down in his bed more than a few times. "You can just go back to dry your hair, I am just here to lay down for a while. His bed is really fluffy for your information."

I shook my head and took out some paper to communicate with her, I just wished that everyone knew sign language so that I wouldn't have to write to speak my feelings all the time. 'I have already dried my hair, thank you for asking.'

"I see..." She took a pillow and she placed in between her legs. "I have never expected you and Sanghyuk would know each other, how long have you and he know each other?"

'We are just classmates and I don't really like him.' I replied her.

"Why?" She has a look of confusion on her face. "Why do you hate him?? He's a troublemaker??" I nodded. "He isn't, that is just how he copes with his loneliness--'

"Han DaIn, why are you in my room again?" A wet towel was thrown at her and she screamed, it was Han Sanghyuk. "I thought that I told you not to step into my room? Get out of my room." He dragged his older sister by the arm and she resisted of course and I thought that I was watching a UFC match and it was a strong one, none of them is backing down easily and I can't predict who is going to win.

And at last, Han Sanghyuk lifted his older sister up and threw her out of the room. "This is the last warning, don't you ever dare to come into my room without any permission or you will be banned from entering my room ever again." He told his older sister before slamming the door in her face. He turned to face me. "Don't mind her, she is always that rude to me and all-- why are you crying?" He had a face of concern on his face as he looks at my face. I want my relationship with my half-brother to be like that as well, I'm jealous of how his older sister and he fight. I don't even get to fight with him as I can't ever be close to him.