Episode 65

Jooeun

2 months later...

I woke up with the vibration of my alarm, telling me to get up so that I can get ready for work. It is a thing that I don't want to do on a lot of days but I don't have a choice, I am an adult and one of the things that an adult is to work and earn money. Well, I don't exactly need to work to get the money because I have the money and my father gives them to me every single month.

But I am not the successor and I will still run out of money one day so I have to make sure that I have money in my pocket so that I won't get hungry and I would have the money to pay my butler as well, although I treat him as a younger brother, he still works for me and so he needs to get paid for him to continue working for me. The lights got switched on and I know that is Seungmin who is trying to wake me up because the alarm didn't exactly get me out of my bed, I got up and I glared at him. "I have to do that, it is part of my job."

I looked towards my digital clock and it showed July 10, it is my 25th birthday and I can't believe that I am 25 years old already. It seems like yesterday that I was still in high school and Yang DongMi was next to me all the time, Cha HakYeon was being that caring senior and Han Sanghyuk... I don't want to talk about him anymore, he just makes my blood boil whenever I think about him and I wished that he didn't exist at all.

I went to wash up and got dressed in my work attire, it looked on me and I was contented with how beautiful it looked on my body. I walked out of my room and Seungmin is already cooking breakfast for me, he is cooking a full Korean breakfast meal for me because my mother asked him to. Even though she is not staying with me, she is still had a lot of influence with what I do and that is to give Seungmin orders to control me and my life, it might seem like it is the right thing to do but it is not.

I can do whatever I want to and Seungmin is just there to help and support me in everything I do, he is like a younger brother in that sense who stays next to me all the time. 'Could you please convey the message to my mother that I don't want to have a full Korean breakfast on my birthday next year? I loved all the food but it is too much for me to eat and I can't digest it properly.' I told Seungmin when he was done with the cooking and he passed me the bowl of rice.

"Having a full Korean breakfast is what a Korean should have on their birthday and you just turned 25 so you are getting older, my job is to only receive orders from you and your mother and I would carry them out like how you wished it to be." He said to me.

'I am firing you the next time you go against my orders.' I told him as I scooped my rice and put it in my mouth. 'Oh wait, you can't get fired because I can't get used to any other butler other than you but you will be punished.'

"In what way? Have me go shopping with you and have me carry all the shopping bags for you?" I nodded my head and he groaned. "I rather get fired and work for someone else, Miss Choi."

'As if I can let go of you and allow you to work for someone else, you are stuck with me for life whether you like it or not. If you get married in the future, you are eligible to get an apartment because I will buy you one for you and your family.' I told him, Seungmin is like family to me even though he is only my butler but he is more real than the rest of my family members who are only interested in making money and more money.

I made them leave for the company and soon as I arrived at the company, the employees were already saying their birthday wishes to me. In our company, birthdays are not taken for a joke and everyone would wish each other a happy birthday, and because today is my birthday, it would be an endless day of people coming up to wish me a happy birthday.

I got into my office and I told Seungmin to get my coffee while I do my work and get ready for the board meeting that is going to be held in the next one hour, it is going to be a boring one and I would have to make sure that I don't fall asleep while listening to each board member speak. At least no one will be able to fall asleep because Seungmin is going to interpret my sign language in the most engaging way possible and everyone.

It was time for the meeting and I met Seungmin outside the meeting room and he handed me my documents and my cup of coffee, I won't be able to stay awake without the coffee. Cha HakYeon arrived at the same timing and we greeted each other with a little hello, we have gone back to being friends again and my days in the office has become more enjoyable because of him.

The meeting room is open and we get to the seats that are assigned to us and the meeting starts as soon as all the seats are taken, the CEO of the company makes his way in, telling all of us about what we are going to focus on on for this meeting.

"And I have a small announcement to make, my dear daughter Choi Jooeun is turning 25 years old today and I thought that it would be the perfect timing for her to get married and I decided that Cha HakYeon here would be the perfect husband for her. The engagement news would be made to the public as soon this meeting is over and everyone can look forward to the wedding." Everyone turned their attention towards me and Cha HakYeon but my eyes stayed focused on my father, how dare he drop such a huge bomb on me like that without giving me a warning beforehand?