Episode 46

Sanghyuk

I listened to all the stories that my mother had told me and they were all so entertaining, I didn't know that my mother is such a great storyteller and she has so many stories to tell. Of course, I was literally a newborn when my mother went to assist my father in the family business and she started to spend less time with me, she simply didn't have the time or she would be exhausted to even do anything by the time she gets back home, and then she slowly becomes the parent that I don't get to see that often and she became invisible along with my father and I only know them as the moneymaker of the family.

But now my mother had ended things with my father and she is officially single and she is to be addressed as Ms Hwang instead of Mrs Han that she has been called by for the past 20 years and she has gotten tired of it. I used to feel awkward when my parents are back for my grandmother's birthday and they would try to ask me about school and my own life but I often gave them vague answers because I know that they wouldn't even care about it anyway, and they would give me birthday presents without even knowing what I liked or wanted for my birthday.

It is usually what you can find online at an affordable price and at a fast delivery process, they wouldn't care to go out to shop for my present or to take some time to think of what I would like for a present. And I would set them aside because I didn't like them, I wouldn't use them because I wouldn't feel happy if I use them and I don't think of my parents either, they are only my parents in the paper.

But now my mother is back to caring for me full-time and she seems like she is really serious about wanting to stay with me and have me back as her son, and I feel happy as well that she is back for me although my older sister wouldn't be there with the two of us. My father has decided to take my older sister for one sole reason, she is the older one and she is the one who can make reasonable decisions and has a mature mindset rather than me, his younger son that caused a lot of trouble for him and isn't considered a pride for him.

But I am happy that my older sister will not need to worry so much about those financial problems that she has coped herself with ever since our grandmother passed away, it is time that she takes a break and allow my father to take care of her, I wouldn't be seeing her that often and I promised her that I would call her every now and then and if I forget to do so, she would come to smack me in the head from whatever country that she was in. I really hope that I will get to see her very often although I know that it wouldn't happen, especially when our parents are divorced and they aren't on talking terms anymore.

"Do you know something? I loved your father a lot, a lot more than I have ever thought that I would." I looked at her. "He was my first love and I thought that he was the right person for me until the moment that we started working together, I didn't like the way that he worked and I just hoped that I would end things with him as soon as possible, I just didn't expect that it would take so long and dragged you and your older sister into this mess as well."

"It is okay, Omma. I am glad that you made that decision, it is better to end whatever that is hurting you." I told her and she smiled at me, feeling relieved that I gave her an answer and not give her the cold eyes that she didn't want to see.

I looked down at her luggage that she brought along, I have been curious about it ever since she came in this morning and I wanted to ask her about it multiple times. "What is that luggage that you brought along with you? What is in there?"

Her facial expression immediately changed and she stopped smiling. "Oh, that? It contains your clothes and everything that you have, we are going overseas today."

"Today? But I am still hospitalised and I am still not given the clearance to be able to discharge."

"You can be discharged already since a few days ago, I just didn't inform you about it. We are going to Taiwan and I am going to start anew there, I am going to open a small business there and you are going there with me."

"Why so sudden? You didn't even notify me about it and I haven't even taken my college entrance examinations yet, technically I am not allowed to transfer schools at this timing." I asked her, totally not believing everything that my mother has spoke.

"I have planned this for a while and your principal has given the green light to allow you to transfer to a new school in Taiwan, and you would have to go today." She pleaded. "Can you stop asking me any more questions? I don't want to answer them."

"Then why lie to me about everything? You didn't even think of my feelings when you thought of migrating to Taiwan, you made all of those decisions by yourself. You are the same and you didn't change at all, you are still that heartless mother that I hated all of those years."

She grabbed my hand. "Sanghyuk... Just listen to me and get changed, we have to leave in an hour and we don't want to be late for the flight."

I yanked her hand away. "I am not going with you. I am not going anywhere unless you tell me the real reason behind this reckless decision that you have made."

"Fine. Someone told me that I needed to leave this place by today or you would be in trouble."

"What trouble?" I asked and my older sister comes into the room at this time, she is looking really anxious and she was looking for me. "Choi Jooeun's father is here to see you, Sanghyuk. He wants to talk to you about something."