Episode 3

JooEun

I got into the house by the window again, I placed the things that I have bought on the table. I sat down on a chair and continued writing in my diary. 'So I met that dark-skinned senior again, this time it is in a neighbourhood book store that he works part-time at. He picked up the books that fell down on me and even helped me to find the other hearing aid. Who knows that you would use a lot of ink just for school? When I was homeschooled, I never have to use that much ink for my assignments as most of the assignments can be done online. Now that I know, school is a fun place to go to. There are people who are willing to talk to you, for example, HakYeon sunbaenim and SungJae ssi. They are really helpful people and I finally completed my first club session with them, I hope that I would make more friends tomorrow.'

I ended my daily diary entry with a light note, I looked at my cuts on my arms when I had all the books fall on me, it is painful but the fact that sunbaenim held his hand out to pick me up is something special, he is a good person, he is kind and helpful at the same time. But his eyes don't sparkle as much as I first met him at the drama club, he seems to be quite sad about something. But people feel different emotions in one day, they can be very happy for a moment and later in the day, they became tired and feels a bit down.

Flashback

I found my hearing aid and stuck in my ear. Now, where's the other one? I got up and a hand was in front of me revealing my other hearing aid, it was HakYeon sunbaenim.

'Thank you!' I said with sign language but he just looked at me confused. Oh, he doesn't know sign language... I tried to express it in other ways but I couldn't think of any. Well, it wasn't my fault that I was born deaf and mute.

He sighed and pulled me closer to me. I gasped as I was shocked at his sudden actions. What did he just do to me? Then I realised that he was scribbling stuff in my palm, I concentrated on his touch on my palm. 'Sorry if I scared you a little..'

'It's okay, it's my fault.' I answered it back by writing in his palm.

'For what? Just now? I was the one that caused all that. Are you okay?'

'Yea, just a bit but I'm alright.'

"Really?" He spoke and I nodded. He looked at my cuts, they were cut but they are just grazing, he put his hand into his pocket, trying to find something. He took out something and placed it in my hand, I opened it and it was a few strips of plasters. "For you, don't get it wrong. I just happened to have a few in my pocket, you need not return it to me." He said while still holding onto my hand.

"What are you looking at?" I looked down at my hand and he immediately let go of me, his face turning a little red. "I'm so sorry, JooEun ssi!' He said looking around, I just laughed at his silliness. And did he just call me by my name for the first time? "By the way, what are you doing here?'

'I am here to buy some stationery as it ran out and I am also here to buy 2 new books but I couldn't find it.'

"What books is it?"

'Demian and The one who walk away from Omelas..'

[Sorry, Authornim doesn't read a lot of physical books that people know so forgive me for that. I read a lot of books in the romance genre though.]

"Those two books just arrived in our store this morning, it is in the storeroom. Wait here, I go get them." He immediately went into the storeroom after saying that, he came out of the storeroom shortly with two books in his hands, he sure is quick. "Here's yours. Anything more?" I just shook my head and went to the counter where I purchased the two books. Sunbaenim is really a good person...

End of Flashback

----------
HakYeon

I did all my homework for the day and stretched my body. That felt much better, why do high school students have so much homework when they have to work at the same time? I don't get the government sometimes, they want us to study hard but at the same time you need to pay your school fee which costs a lot.

Omma working alone can't pay for my school fee so I have to share the burden by working part-time. "Tired?" Hongbin sat beside me with a smile.

I shook my head. "I'm sure you do and you don't want the manager to know about it."

"You do know that cousin of yours would flare up if he sees me slacking off for even a moment."

"Aye, Sungmin hyung is not that kind of person, He is just hot-tempered and a perfectionist. Besides, you have been working for at least 6 months. You should get used to him by now right?" He said, trying to lighten the mood up a little.

"I will just bear with it as I am going to graduate soon," I said packing my stuff and leaving.

"That's the way to go, hyung!" He said eagerly but I couldn't hear it as I am already out of sight. I arrived home opening the lights in my room to see someone laying down on my bed. Is that person even alive?  I jumped up slightly as I saw him. Which twin is it? Sunwoo? Wonshik? Till now, I still can't identify the twins apart.

"Yah! Wake up!" I shook him and he continued to sleep. What a sleepyhead is he? He must be Wonshik.

"Hyung, just let him sleep. It was would be morning already if you wake him up at this rate." SunWoo came into the room yawning. "Maybe he is just annoyed that you are sleeping in the room that he used to sleep in before you moved in with Imo."

[Imo is your mother's sister.]

Right, I am their cousin that moved in with them a few years ago when Omma divorced with that bastard, my aunt which is also SunWoo and Wonshik's mother took us in. "I will just sleep in his room for today." I took my pyjamas and pillow and went to their room along with Sunwoo.