Epilogue part 1

One year later...

Sanghyuk

The sun is shining on my face and it is irritating me slightly, Jooeun must have forgotten to close the curtains again last night. I opened my eyes and I was greeted by the morning birds and sunshine shining through the room and I turned towards my right, my lovely wife laying down next to me.

I wished that I could see this scene unfold in front of my face every single day and it had become a reality, I married Choi Jooeun and I can see her up close without being a creep. I am her husband and I just stare at her every single day as if she is a flower, how can she look so beautiful even when she is asleep?

I continued to watch her sleep and smiled like an idiot to myself, I think that I am starting to look like a creep now but the thing is that Jooeun will not think of me as a creep. She wouldn't marry me if she wouldn't like me, she had a reason to marry me and I don't think that she is ever regretting every moment about it.

Her mobile phone starts to vibrate as part of her alarm and she starts to move around, tossing around to the other side and she fluttered her eyes open. "Good morning," I said to her and she smiled, replying to her the same thing as well.

'I didn't close the curtains last night, I am so sorry about that but at least that made you wake up even earlier than me.' I didn't mention to her about the curtains because I didn't want her to feel bad that I got woken up early because of the sunlight, I want her to be happy in the morning.

"You look so beautiful today." I played around with her hair. "How can you look so beautiful all the time?"

'Don't you try to flatter me so early in the morning, Han Sanghyuk?' She got up but I pinned her down, and I kissed her on the lips. 'I need to get to work, I have a life outside of our marriage.'

She got up and I pouted, sad that I don't get her kiss that she promised me that she would give me one every morning and every night. Choi Jooeun is a very busy woman outside of our marriage and she has an amazing career after she has resigned from the company a few months after our marriage.

She isn't meant to be working in a company and she doesn't like being controlled by anyone, it is her life and she wants to be in control of her own life and I allowed her to do whatever she wants to do. It is her life and she is free to do whatever she wants to do in her life, that is one of the things that she wants to do after our marriage.

She suddenly gasps and I looked at her, she is looking at her phone and then she slaps me on the back. 'Why didn't you wake me up earlier? I am late and you are at fault for not waking me up and you are just there staring at my face and not doing anything at all.'

"How is that my fault? You set your alarm and you chose to wake up at this time so don't blame me, I have my freedom to stare at your face all the time." I said to her.

'You don't have anything on for the rest of the day, right? Drive me to work then.' She jumps out of the bed and rushes to get ready to get to work where she is already washing up.

I then decided to make some food for her to eat when she is in my car, I know that she is late but I can't allow her to work on an empty stomach. And I am good at cooking which she isn't, she would also ask me to make her something to eat if I didn't do it myself.

I went down to get my car first while she spent the remaining 10 minutes getting ready, I drove the car to the entrance of the apartment building that we stay at and she is already waiting for me, she got into my car and I handed her the food before starting the car engine and driving her to work. I made sure to drive smoothly so that she can have her food without spilling it everywhere else.

We arrived at work and she got off, tidying her attire and her hair and I handed her the bag. "Do your best at work, I will come to pick you up later during dinner." She waved goodbye at me and I did the same and I waited for her to get into the bookstore and I stayed there for about 20 minutes before I decided to go.

She is the owner of a bookstore that she decided to buy over from the previous owner after handing in her resignation letter to her older brother,  Choi JooHwan didn't want to let go of her but she insisted that she would do fine being a bookstore owner and the bookstore is not just some other bookstore that you see on the streets, her target audience are people with disabilities and she has a reading session that she would use sign language completely to tell the story and it is very popular among children and some adults, I can see some teenagers coming in sometimes and she holds sign language classes as well.

I like what she is doing and she was afraid that she would not be able to pull it off because it is a thing that is not being widely accepted in South Korea and she still went ahead because she wanted to do it, she asked me for a lot of opinions at that time and I just told her that I would support her no matter what she does.

The bookstore opened a few months ago and there weren't a lot of customers at first but it had started to gain regular customers over time and she can get a full class every time she holds a class, nothing has been going bad for her and I hope that she would get better over time. 'It is because of you that I can do it.' She said to me the other day. It is because of you that you can do it...