Episode 79

Sanghyuk

"You are welcome to see Chloe any time you want, my older sister is taking care of her in the old apartment," I said to Choi Jooeun before the lift doors close and I immediately regretted everything, why did I have to say that to her? Why do I have to give her false hope?

I know that the both of us are not going to be the same anymore after I have made a promise to her father that I would stay away from Choi Jooeun as far as possible or he would ruin her life. She has such a bright future ahead of her and I don't want to be the one who will ruin all of that, I don't want to hurt Choi Jooeun and for that, I don't have a choice but to leave her as far as possible and we don't have a chance to be together anyway.

But she will smile if she comes over to see Chloe... I walked back to my office with a smile on my face because I have said something to her that would make her happy, she hasn't been able to see the cat that we have adopted over 5 years ago and she misses her a lot. Chloe has nearly been the same, but older and heavier. She doesn't even play around with me anymore even though she is still considered a young cat gave that cat can live for almost 2 decades but I know that she misses Choi Jooeun.

That was the only thing that I have done good for her, adopting the cat that was abandoned by the owner and giving her a place to stay. And she is coming over to see Chloe and I hope that she wouldn't burst into tears if she sees her, she is known to be a huge crybaby and she will never stop crying for a while once she starts.

I bumped into someone and I immediately apologized hoping that the person would go away but he doesn't so I looked up at him, it was Cha HakYeon. I rolled my eyes at him and I walked away only to get stopped by him, he doesn't like me even till now. "Let go of me, I still have work to do."

"Don't forget who you are working for, Han Sanghyuk. Get close to Choi JooHwan and don't allow him to know anything about the plan, you will be killed if you fail to do so and you will not be able to see your loved ones ever again." He told me. "Is that clear?"

"Heard it loud and clear, Mr Cha," I said to him and he lets go of me. "Get back to work, remember what I said and don't make any mistakes."

That is the other reason why the CEO wanted to be Choi JooHwan's secretary, not only he doesn't want me to get close to his daughter, I would also have to act as a spy to keep an eye on his eldest son as well. Choi JooHwan is his older son and he is expected to take over the company once the current CEO decides to retire and it would not be any time soon since he is still here alive and kicking, it will take him a few more years for him to start dying and the position would go to Choi JooHwan.

For that to happen, the CEO has to cover up everything that he has done to make sure that the future of the company is not ruined and it should be operating smoothly for the next few decades, possibly for the next century as well. He sure loves his son a lot but he had done a lot of horrible things as well and he is covering all of that up just for Choi JooHwan to become the CEO without any problems, not caring about his daughter because she is the daughter and she is the result of the affair that he had with his housekeeper.

I entered his office and he is in there, sorting out his stuff so that he can prepare for the meeting. "I will help you with the items, just tell me what you need for the meeting," I told him, he is still my boss and I should help him out with the things that he needs me to help him.

"I can do that by myself but you have to give me an answer by the end of today." He said to me before getting his items. "Bring this to the meeting room and give it out to everyone when they arrive."

I nodded my head and made my way to the meeting room, placing down the documents for every single board member. Choi JooHwan revealed something huge to me and he wants me to be with him in this, that would mean that I would have to give up my mission the CEO had given me and joined him instead.

It turns out that Choi JooHwan knows everything about his father and what he had done in the past decade, and he is not pleased with his father's actions and he is trying to fight against it but he is alone in this. He needs someone trustworthy to help him and someone who can work as a double agent to help him and the enemy's side at the same time.

And he wants me to be that person, he seemed desperate about it and he was practically begging for me to help him fight against his father and knowing that I am on his father's side. He is risking his life trying to recruit me to be on his side, but it won't be enough to leave the CEO's side given that he gave me a better condition compared to Choi JooHwan.

"I will give you the approval to take my younger sister, she is yours from the start and you will finally be able to be with her." Choi JooHwan mentioned this to me and I don't even think that Choi Jooeun even wants this anymore.