Episode 61

Jooeun

Han sanghyuk sat down on my bed for quite a while and he is taking his time to read all the articles of my father's company, I didn't show him that just to make him feel inferior. I had always had a plan ever since I decided to track down Sanghyuk, I wanted to seek revenge on my father because he has done a lot of horrible things and I want him to get punished by the law.

But he is a very influential man and he has a very good reputation in the eyes of the people and he is known to be a man with a heart of gold, he donates a generous portion of his money to the charity every single year and I have no idea if that is actually true or not or he is just doing it to make everyone around him think that he is a good person.

No one knows about the bad side of my father, because he tries so hard to hide that side, it is not enough to accuse him of something that he has done and he has a lot of supporters on his side. Going against him is not easy at all especially when my older brother is on his side and thinks of him as a man who rules his company with an iron fist but with a heart of gold as well.

He is far from that and I want him to get punished for it, even though he is my birth father, it doesn't mean that I would stay still and not try to do anything. I am just waiting for the perfect opportunity to come by and what I meant by that is tracking down Han Sanghyuk successfully and have him on my side which he will be on my side, there is no way that he wouldn't and we will start our plan immediately.

He looked at me with an uncertain gaze in his eyes. "Are you sure that you are going to do this? He is your father, the one who gave you a house to live in and for you to be recognized by his daughter."

'But he had done wrong and the only way to punish the one with the wrongdoings is to make sure that he gets his retribution, he thinks that he can get away with that for the rest of his life and no one can ever go against him and I will be the first one to go against him.' I told Sanghyuk. 'And I want you to go along with me for this revenge operation, it would only work if you are willing to do it with me.'

"Me? I would want to seek revenge if it were to be 5 years ago but I don't even feel like doing anything anymore, I will not get anything no matter how hard I try and I will get stick here in Taiwan. If I were to be able to escape, I would have done that a long time ago but I can't do that." He told me and I was not pleased with his answer, he isn't like this 5 years ago.

He is not the same guy that I first met 5 years ago, that was the guy who didn't care about anything and he only cared about his feelings and his own family. He is daring to make decisions that might not be good to other people but himself and this guy who is standing in front of me right now is some other guy who showed up 5 years later looking like a different person.

How can Han Sanghyuk change like that in just 5 years? 'Don't you want to return to South Korea? That is your home and you are being locked up here by my father, without any way to escape. I am helping you to get back home and you are doubting me, I thought that we are in this together.' I said to him, he has no idea how upset I am but I am indeed very upset over his words, I have travelled all the way here just to track him down and bring him back home against my father's wishes and now he is saying that I am being ridiculous and I should stop doing that for the sake of mankind.

I am doing all of that to save you, you idiot... I cursed at him in my mind, he is a disappointment. If I have known about this, I wouldn't have spent all of my free time trying to track him down and finding out where he has gone for the past 5 years, I would not have tried my hardest to find him so that he would finally get his freedom but he is not doing any of that and he is going to get stuck here for the rest of his life.

"You got it all wrong, your father didn't lock me up in here. My mother was already planning to emigrate to Taiwan with me and we will start afresh over here which we have done and you were just a friend to me, Choi Jooeun." That made my heartbreak into a million pieces and I looked for any flaws that would help me see if he is lying but there isn't.

He is not batting an eyelash at all, he is being an idiot. 'Han Sanghyuk, you idiot. Since you don't want my help, then get the hell out of here and I never want to see you again. I will leave Taiwan tomorrow and I will never come back here again, I mean it and I will do it.' I pointed a finger towards the door. 'Seungmin is just next to me and he is heavily trained in martial arts just so you know, he will turn you upside down in a second. So get out of here before I call for him.'

He looked at me for the final time before making his way out of my room and I closed the door, turning around and leaning my back against the door while having tears in my eyes. Han Sanghyuk, you horrible jerk...