Episode 6

JooEun

I waved back at my new 'friend' that probably only know half of the stuff that I have taught in for the past few hours. "JooEun ssi, see you tomorrow!" He said and I walked out of the classroom. I wonder where is the detention room is at?

Every school should have a classroom where they detain students for the day for their wrong doings and are normally punished for it. From what I know, electronic gadgets are also not allowed as well. I thought that I would spend the entire day searching for that classroom when I saw a sign that says 'Detention Room' in front of an unused classroom, it must be the detention room for sure.

I entered the classroom and there were two students sitting far apart from each other, each doing their own things. Han Sanghyuk was asleep laying his head on the table and HakYeon Sunbaenim was doing his homework, there were no teachers around in the classrooms either so it is only the two of them.

Hakyeon sunbaenim was the one that noticed that I entered the classroom and lifted his head up. "JooEun ssi, why are you here?" I showed him my phone after writing what I wanted to say to him. 'I wondered if you are doing well. I mean, do you want to have dinner? I'll treat you.'

"It's nothing, I was just there at the right moment. That guy deserved everything, he got left off too many times already."

'So?' I asked with a smile.

"I'm sorry, maybe next time... I have to work straight after this."

'At the bookstore?'

He nodded. "You better go home too, it's getting late." He told me.

I nodded and left after glancing at Han SangHyuk once more, he is still sleeping and has no intention of ever waking up, I wonder how many times has he caused trouble to anyone, it seems that he comes here all the time.

I got out of school and looked for any car that looks like my family's - none. Isn't he supposed to be here already? He always comes here on time, where is he?

I can go home by myself, right? I am already 17 and I have my smartphone with me if anything happens to me. I should be alright, right? I looked left and right before crossing the streets and I tried to look out for signs in order to find my way home, I'm not exactly the type of person who gets her directions right all the time so I am preventing the possibility of me getting lost somewhere in some weird forest.

I was one street away from home when I felt a tap on my shoulder, I turned around. He was tall with a tattoo on his collarbone, his uniform unbuttoned with a black T-shirt underneath it. I remembered him, he was the one next to Han SangHyuk earlier this morning. "I have something to say to you, follow me for a while." He said. Before I could even respond with a shake on the head, he dragged me behind one alley and the other people who all seemed to be from different schools and there was a girl. She was the one that gave me the book earlier.

Why is she with them? "What are you looking at, you dumb deaf?" She shouted at me. "Answer me! Talk!" Why is she like that?

"SooJung-ah, that is not the right way to call her." The guy pushed her aside and pulled my hair, making me yelp in pain. "That is how you greet her, you have to make her scream. This is how she will talk, she is just pretending." He told the girl who nodded as if she just learned a new thing in class.

He looked at me. "You actually can talk right?" I shook my head and he slapped me in the face. "Yes, you can. You just screamed so you can talk. WHY ARE YOU NOT TALKING, YOU DUMB!" He pulled my hair, making me cry.

If I could talk, I would just scream for help. If I could talk, I could shout back at him. But I can't, I am deaf and mute. No one will understand me or knows my feelings...

"Why are you crying? You are supposed to be dumb, dumb people cannot cry as they are stupid." He said.

Someone save me, anyone, please... "Strip her, I want to take pictures of it and show to the whole world how a dumb person looks when naked." He told the others and one immediately pinned me down.

"Im HaJoon, stop this nonsense right now!" I heard a familiar voice and they stopped whatever they are doing to me, Han SangHyuk showed himself and the others bowed down to him. Is he the leader here?

I placed my hands closer to myself, HakYeon sunbaenim was also here and he pulled me to his side. "Are you alright?" He asked and I nodded frantically, relieved that I got saved just in time. If they didn't come, I would get pictures taken without my permission and I definitely don't want that.

"Sanghyuk? Why are you here?" He asked nervously. "Aren't you still supposed to be in detention?"

"It is already 6 and I am just going home as usual. What are you doing with her?"

"Dumb deaf? I was just playing with her, don't you do that too sometimes? Randomly selecting some random girl just to make fun of her."

"I know but can't you do that pranking and teasing somewhere where it is not near her house? People can hear the screams."

They do this all the time? "Anyways just do it somewhere else next time, we are supposed to go clubbing tonight. Remember? No hitting people when going clubbing?"

Im HaJoon stared at me once more before smiling. "Let's go... I will let her off this once, there's no pleading the next time." He laughed out loud and placed his shoulders around SangHyuk.

After they are gone, I remain frozen to the ground and couldn't move an inch. "Where is your house? I will bring you home." HakYeon sunbaenim said. But I was way too traumatized that couldn't even respond, instead of my tears just flowed down. Why are people like this in this world? Just why?