Episode 41

Jooeun

I sat next to Sanghyuk as he lays down on the hospital bed with lots of bandages covering him, he has just gotten out of danger because of his strong willpower and determination that he would survive and he did. I wished that he wasn't being that brave and getting himself in trouble, I know that he has the ability to fight against those people and he chose not to because he wanted to uphold the promise that he made to me.

I told him that I don't want to see him fight anyone for the rest of his life, it is reckless of him to be doing that all the time and he would gain himself more enemies than he already has and it is for the best that he becomes low-profile and not do things that make him stand out too much. And plus leading that kind of lifestyle, in the long run, will not benefit him at all, he will get himself killed in the next few years if he continues to risk his life like that. I know that DaIn unnie hates him when he fights people and gets all of those bruises and I don't like it either, she has been telling him to stop fighting those people for the sake of his life and his future.

And he did stop using his fists every single time that he gets annoyed and frustrated at something, he has been good for a few months and he got punched in the face even if he didn't want to fight them, he resisted fighting them and he has gotten himself into this state. I really hope that he would stop being this strong and stay low-profile for a while so that no one can do anything to him, he only has his older sister left in this life and his older sister would be very devastated if she loses both her grandmother and Sanghyuk.

"I am fine, don't look at me with those eyes." He told me, his voice still sounding a little weak. "I will not do such a reckless thing ever again and make you worry so much about me."

His words comfort me but it doesn't change the fact that he had done such a reckless thing without considering the fact that he might lose his life just like that, I hate that sometimes he doesn't think of the consequences and land himself into such danger, making me worry so much about him.

"You totally deserved it, making us all worried about you, especially Jooeun. Do you know that she was literally waiting for you when I met her in the hospital? She was so scared that you might not even survive."

My cheeks started heating up as Sanghyuk's older sister continued to fell her brother the little story about me when he is still in the operating theatre, it was true that I was wailing and crying but it was only because that I was afraid that I might lose Sanghyuk forever and the thought of it makes me so scared. He is my best friend and he has been there with me for the past few months, from a bully to my best friend, he has been everything to me and I can't imagine my life without him.

And I hadn't told him my feelings about him, I can't let him leave this world just like that. "Thanks for worrying about me, I'm sorry that I have made you so worried about me. I am so stupid for doing that to you." You are indeed an idiot for not knowing how I feel about you...

"Right Jooeun, don't you have to leave now? It is 9 pm and your mother is not going to be really pleased if she finds out that you were here." DaIn unnie reminded me of my life that I am in, I totally forgot that I have a mother that cares a little too much about me.

She is definitely not going to be pleased if she knows that I was not studying with DongMi but being here at this hospital. "Right, I feel better now. You should go home right now, if not your mother is going to be so worried." Sanghyuk tries to get out of the bed but his older sister stops him from doing that. "Why are you stopping me? I have to get Jooeun home safely."

"In that state? You are going to die if you leave the hospital in this state, I will call someone to do that on your behalf." She then calls someone on the phone. "DongHae, are you free now? Can you get to the hospital real quick?"

I immediately put my hands up to stop her from calling a random stranger to bring me home, my mother wouldn't like it if she finds out that a guy had sent me home. It is better that I go home by myself, at least she wouldn't question why there was a male who was with me, she is definitely not going to be pleased. 'I will go by myself, don't worry too much about that.' I told DaIn unnie. 'Bye, Sanghyuk. See you tomorrow!' And I run out of the room even before she could say anything back to me.

I would really like someone to send me home but in a situation like this, it is best that I don't be a burden to anyone else, especially when Sanghyuk is heavily wounded and he needs a lot of medical help and attention. It is bad for me to be always worrying him, it is best that I could be some kind of help to him and not make him worry about me when he needs a lot of rest.

I got home and my mother is in the living room, sitting down on the couch with her body facing the television screen but she isn't watching at all. In fact, she was waiting for my arrival and she looks at me. "Where have you been for the past few hours? You told me that you will be back by dinner time and your uniform is stained with blood. What did you exactly do outside?"