Episode 85

Sanghyuk

"Are you sure that it will even work?" I heard my older sister's voice through the wireless earpieces that I am wearing. "The guards are going to know who we are as soon as we show our faces to them."

The three of us have decided to work together to crash this wedding as we have planned and we are going ahead with it no matter what, Choi Jooeun is supposed to be a part of us but she told us that she wanted to do this herself and not want us to help her. I get that she is brave and all but she can't bring down the CEO on her own, although she has Seungmin and Yang DongMi on her side, it is still not enough for her to go up against her father.

Even Choi JooHwan told her that when she told us that she doesn't want to be a part of us, I was dumbfounded by her decision because it is the best option to bring down the CEO and she doesn't want to. Her older brother and my older sister spent the entire afternoon convincing her but it was to no avail, nothing could convince her and she is still determined that she can do this on her own and not want us to help her.

But I am incredibly stubborn and I can't let Choi Jooeun fight her battles without me around, I know that I have been a jerk to her and made her cry so many times but it wouldn't change the fact that I love her and I would do anything to protect her. It was my goal 5 years ago and it is still my goal today, I was stupid for thinking that she could have a better life without me in her life but I was wrong.

I needed her in my life to be happy and I can't live without her, and I will do whatever it takes to protect her even if she doesn't want to, she needs to be protected and I will do my job to the end. So the three of us still went ahead with our plan despite Choi Jooeun not wanting us to help her, she needs the help at some point and we hope that we could be there for her.

We are now reaching the wedding venue and we can't go into the building without any disguises, well except for Choi JooHwan because he is the bride's older brother and the two of us are the people who need the disguises. My older sister would be Choi JooHwan's plus one because she is pretty and it would be natural that the bride's older brother would bring a date along to the wedding, it doesn't matter if the CEO approves of it or not but as long as my older sister doesn't get caught until the end of the wedding, it would be considered a success.

As for me, it is harder for me to blend in with the crowd since I am a face that the CEO could recognize and I work in the company as well, I could go in as Choi JooHwan's secretary but it could be really dangerous for me to be doing anything suspicious and anyone would instantly know so the secretary card can't be used today. So I will be going with the security guard disguise seeing by how the guards here wear sunglasses and they all look the same, I could wear sunglasses as well and act strict and I would be a perfect fit.

"Be confident, Han DaIn. I know that you can do it with your looks and you won't disappoint anyone and besides JooHwan hyung is next to you all the time so trust him with whatever he is going to do and go with the flow." I told her.

"That's right, just trust me and go with the flow." Choi JooHwan said to her. "What about you, Sanghyuk? Are you in disguise already?"

"Of course I am, you have no idea how easy it is to act as a security guard, I could just wear my sunglasses and speak to my wireless microphone from time to time and anyone would think that I am working so hard but in fact that I am just playing along with it," I said, nodding my head to one guard who walked past me and instructed me to go to the entrance. "He is asking me to go to the entrance so I am going there now, are you guys reaching soon?"

I arrived at the entrance and I looked towards my right to see one guard working so hard and I followed his actions for a while just to look more realistic, I see that someone is walking towards the entrance and I got into my role until I realized who the person is. It has been a few years since I saw him and I don't see that often anyway but I can't deny that he is not my father, he has become a little older but he is still the same strong man who started his own business in a foreign country with his wife who is now his ex-wife.

I know that he is invited to this wedding and he is here as a guest but I can never believe that I would be acting as a security guard in front of him, this is causing me to have a different type of anxiety that I can't put in words. I stood as straight as possible and stiffened my facial expressions to look more stoic while I am dying inside, I could break character right in front of my father and I don't want to look like a fool in front of my father who has a huge reputation to keep.

He was about to enter the building when he walked back to me and I feel like I couldn't breathe, does he know who I am already? God, please help me...

He comes close to me and I could smell his cologne from there, he still smells the same after so many years and I can't forget that smell. "Your tie is crooked." He tells me and I look down, my tie is a little out of place. "Let me help you with that."

"It is okay, I can do it by myself." I adjusted my tie and kept a smile. "Thank you for pointing that out to me, sir."

He said nothing to me and he comes close to me again, this time I feel the chills. "Sanghyuk, what do you even have up your sleeves? Pretending that you are a security guard, what are you even intending to do?"