Episode 81

Sanghyuk

Should I tell her? Should I just keep my mouth shut and pretend that there is nothing? But she will get all annoyed and pissed off at me because she knows that I am hiding something from her and I am not telling her about it, and she will hate me even more. What should I even do?

Han DaIn slammed her hand on the table and I jumped up. "I know that look from your face, it is the fact that you are trying to hide something from me and you are telling me about it and you are now stuck in a dilemma."

"No, I am not hiding anything from you at all, I am very sure about that," I said to her, hiding my face with the menu.

"Then why are you talking in such a high pitch? You do that when you are lying." I immediately cleared my throat. "Just tell me the truth, would you? I can't stand the fact that I am your older sister and you are not telling me anything about your life, and I can't believe that I am treating you to dinner in the first place."

I sighed. "Fine, I will tell you everything. Omma and I were forced to stay in Taiwan for 5 years because he didn't want to get close to Jooeun." I looked at her after saying that and she isn't showing such a reaction. "Did you know about that already?"

"There is a reason why I told Jooeun to go find you in Taiwan, our father is a longtime business partner with her father and he told me something that he has a business venture in Taiwan and you migrated to Taiwan and you have never come back to visit me and Appa, that is when I know that you might be forced to stay there and it turns out to be true." She said.

So that was how Jooeun ended up in Taiwan even though she is so foreign to that country... She lied to her father and risked her life to find me, I am such a bastard for saying all of that to her. "Did she managed to find you?" My older sister asked me.

I nodded my head. "I was so happy that I finally got to meet her but I suddenly thought about her father and I said something so stupid to her."

"Like what? That you have never liked her and you want her out of your life?" I nodded my head and she hit me on the shoulder. "How can you do that to Jooeun? You know that she is a very kind person and you are breaking her heart like that."

I know very well that it broke her heart when I had to tell her that I have never had any feelings for her and everything was just a friendship to me and I have never treated her more than a friend, it broke my heart as well and I remembered crying myself to sleep for a week straight because I have done such a horrible thing to Jooeun and I can't forgive myself for that.

But I had to do it, her father is never going to accept me as her son-in-law because he just doesn't like me in the first place and I get why he doesn't like me, I was a troublemaker way back in high school and I have once teased Choi Jooeun to the point that she didn't turn up for school for a few days and that must have ruined my impression to her family and her family dislikes because I have done something so horrible to their daughter, to be specific their daughter who has a hearing disability.

It is no wonder that her father would dislike me and not want me to be with Choi Jooeun but there is one thing that kinda bothers me ever since I found out that Choi Jooeun is the result of an affair between her father and her mother who was the head housekeeper, normally the children who were born from the mistress will never get the chance to be acknowledged by the family and will be the disgrace of Mr Choi but she is being included into the family and she is given a very high position in the company as well.

Jooeun's mother must have been favoured a little too much for her to be able to stay around the CEO for so long and the first wife is not saying anything about it, there isn't something like a family feud between the two mistresses and everything had been quite peaceful in the family.

"I know that I am horrible but I said that to protect her, she doesn't deserve to be with someone like me. Her future will be ruined because of me." I said to my older sister.

"Why would it be ruined by you? Even though you are not interested in taking over the company in the future but you are technically a shareholder of the company our parents started, it is a million-dollar corporation and you are considered a millionaire, you are more than qualified to be dating Jooeun than anyone else." She showed me the family picture that she saved on her phone. "You can show this to anyone you know and they will be amazed that they are friends with a millionaire and they would want you to be their best friend."

"You know that I don't care about all of this, I am happy being Han Sanghyuk and not the son of this rich man who makes all of this cool furniture. And I like Choi Jooeun for who she is, that is all." I told her.

"Then tell everyone that you like her, that is the only answer and I will help you." She said. "We can ask Appa for permission to use his power and I am very sure that he will do whatever it takes to make you look rich and upright to the CEO."

I nodded my head. "Fine, I will trust you this once. Should I tell you that Choi JooHwan is already trying to make me look rich? The two of you can collaborate to make me look like the rich heir Han Sanghyuk."