Episode 73

Jooeun

I shut the door and jumped in my bed, laying down there as if I have given up in life. "Remember to take a shower before you come out to have dinner." I hear my butler telling me that but I don't give a damn about that.

God is playing tricks on me, always doing the weirdest things at the right timings. Firstly, I was bombarded with the sudden wedding announcement and I was told to marry someone that my father approved, I decided to go along just because I don't have a plan right now. And then in the following month, Han Sanghyuk who has been stuck in Taiwan for the past 5 years had repeatedly told me that he is going to stay there for good suddenly decides to come back home and instead of pretending that he is still in Taiwan, he got a job as my older brother's secretary.

What in the world is all of that? I feel like I am the main character in a typical melodrama and I am in the middle of some dilemma and I am supposed to make a mistake, it is either I submit to them and be their pretty doll or come up with some amazing plan that would outdo them.

But I have no idea of what would I should do unless I really run away from all of this reality and start afresh as a new person and a whole new story will begin. Maybe that would help me get out of this horrible situation, why is life-giving me a whole examination?

I looked up at the ceiling and I sighed, I am seriously at a loss and seeing Han Sanghyuk just makes me want to get close to him again. We were friends for as long as I can remember and seeing him again makes me so happy at the same time but I want to stab him in the chest, I have mixed emotions about him.

And I don't know why is he even working for my older brother, he doesn't even like the following someone around and being told what to do. He has his own rules and he is not going to waste his time the following someone around when he can do it himself, he is an idiot for forcing himself to like this secretary job, he is the worst person to be a secretary.

I came out of the room after changing into my comfortable clothes and Seungmin is already done with cooking dinner, he looks at me for one second and I hid my crying face away from him and he let out a huge sigh. "You can't hide anything from me at all, Miss Choi. I have worked for you for nearly 5 years and I stayed with you in this apartment for the same amount of time as well, you can't simply fool me as that and I can see through you."

'Just shut up and allow me to have my dinner, I have something for you to do after we have dinner.' I told him. 'Have you made sure that Yang DongMi is acting on the plan already?' I asked him about Yang DongMi who is doing her own thing, she is the one who has the smarter brain and I wished that she had spent it on studying instead.

I hastily chose a wedding dress at the wedding boutique earlier because I couldn't be bothered to waste even more time trying on more dresses when Han Sanghyuk and Cha HakYeon are in the same space, the two of them are known to hate each other since forever and they have got into a scuffle into each other before back in high school and they both received detention because of that and their feud with each other only got deeper and deeper.

It was because of that and I wished that it didn't happen because there won't be a chance for me to know more about Han Sanghyuk and I would remain strangers with him, but since things have gotten to this point, I should avoid them when I am at work and in that way, there will be a lesser chance that they might try to kill each other again.

We were done with dinner and Seungmin brings me the tablet with the screen showing Cha HakYeon's contact list and the people that he last contacted with. "I barely managed to get hold of it if not for him leaving his belongings behind when he was changing into his clothes, but I got enough time to copy this on my phone and later transferred all the content to this tablet." He told me.

I had shown everyone that I am clueless about everything about me but I am following them quite closely behind and I have the money to do things the way that I want, and I know Seungmin's loyalty towards him and he would do anything for me. And Yang DongMi is following Cha HakYeon and taking note of whatever he is doing and whoever he is meeting, he is a very mysterious man but he still has a flaw and I am going to break him apart and reduce him to nothing but a pile of trash.

In Cha HakYeon's contact list, half of the list of the people he contacted is the CEO and then his mother. He was really in cahoots with my father to make me give up on Han Sanghyuk, forcing me to get married to him and making use of me like that. 'Any updates from DongMi?' I asked him.

He shook his head. "He is just making his way back home by taking a bus, with his salary for the past 2 years, it should be enough for him to be able to afford to buy a car but why is he still taking a bus to get to work?" Cha HakYeon is indeed a very mysterious man and I got to see a new side of hun.