Episode 31

Sanghyuk

"What the actual... You are going to confess?" I smiled to myself, satisfied with my own answer while my older sister stands at the doorway stunned with my answer. That is what she gets when she asked me what I am doing cooped up in my own room, not gaming but writing something down on a piece of paper.

She walks into my room, sitting down on my bed. "Are you freaking going to confess?" She asks again.

I lifted my pen off the piece of paper, turning my head towards her. "Can you stop distracting? I have to make sure that my handwriting is perfect for this love letter."

Yes, I am writing a love letter to confess my feelings for Jooeun, I have made up my mind after so long and I don't think that I would ever regret it, it is the only thing that has been on my mind all day. I have thought of many ways to let her know that I have feelings for her and that I want to date her as a girlfriend, thinking about this just makes my heart beats really fast. What if she doesn't like my handwriting?

Given by her character, she is very meticulous and she would definitely criticize my handwriting from the first word to the last word as I am not good at words and she reads a lot of books. Should I not write a love letter then?

"Fine, I won't." She hugged the plushie that I had at the corner of my bed, I would usually hug it to sleep and it is one of the things that she would hug whenever she is at home on her off days. "But how long did you realize that you have feelings for our dear Jooeun?"

I stood up out of embarrassment and I pointed a finger towards the door. "Can you get out? I need my privacy before dinner time and you are ruining everything."

She looked at me with those puppy eyes. "Please? I am just very curious, you have never looked at a girl that way before and I just wanted to know more about how you feel towards her."

I rolled my eyes, my face still the same shade of the tomatoes that you see in the supermarket. "Out. I'll let you know if it is a success."

"I know that she would like you as well because you are my baby brother and my baby brother is handsome as heck." She comes near me and ruffles my head, while I was preoccupied with tidying my hair, she takes the piece of paper that I was writing on and she runs away before I could even realize that I was being played by her.

I can't let her know about the contents, it is way too cringy and I wouldn't read it if some girl gives it to me. "Han DaIn, please give it back to me! I beg you to never read it out loud!" I ran after she and she went into her room, shutting the door in my face and locking the door.

I am in deep trouble now. What if she tells Jooeun about it? I heard girls would always talk about these kinds of things that are related to their love life, they would literally cover every detail of the boy that they liked and never leave it hanging. She would definitely tell that annoying friend of Jooeun as well, I saw them exchanging contact numbers with each other the other day when she came over for dinner, they seemed like they would be very good friends with each other.

"Noona, I beg you... This is my first attempt at writing a love letter and it would be for Choi Jooeun, please don't tell her about that and give it back to me this instance." I yelled at her so that she could hear me from the other side of the door. It is a good thing that my grandmother is not home at this timing, she had gone to the supermarket to buy groceries for dinner later this evening and she wouldn't be back until an hour later since she would always take a long time to decide what she wants to cook for dinner.

She would be mad if she finds out that the both of us are being like this, immature kids that never grow up even though they are already adults, especially my older sister who is 5 years older than me. My older sister is a model who is adored by all young people and she has done a lot of photoshoots throughout her 3-year long career that she was nicknamed the pictorial princess, if only those fans knew that she is being like this at home, playing with her younger brother like a little child.

"I will do anything that you requested, I plead you! Just don't tell anyone about it until I have confessed to her." The door suddenly opens and I nearly fell down because I was leaning against the door. "So?"

"So... You have a lot of errors in your love letter and I think that it would be best for me to edit the content so that Jooeun wouldn't have her eyes bleeding from the poor construction of your sentences, the grammar is also very bad." She examines the love letter. "You would have to wash all of my clothes for the entire week as part of the deal, is that okay with you?"

I feel kind of relieved because it is something that everyone would not have any difficulty in performing the task. "Even the undergarments?" I'm afraid that she might treat me like her maid if I allow her to do anything to me.

She shook her head. "Just the clothes, I'll love my clothes to be perfectly ironed and folded neatly like how the machine does it. Spray on some perfume for each piece of clothing and organize them by colour, is that too much for you to do?"

"Not at all..." I told her that and she walked back to my room which she sat down at my desk, claiming her place as the owner of this room for this moment and I am just a lowly servant.

I thought that she would take hours to edit my love letter but she handed it to me after a few minutes. "It is all yours, my baby brother." I read the content, she didn't change the entire content but she emphasized the good points about me and how I would love Jooeun after she had become my girlfriend. "How is it? Are you being touched by my lovely writing?"

"It is perfect," I told her truthfully, I really mean it from the bottom of my heart. Even though she is a pain in the butt most of the time, she has been there for me my entire life since I was born and she would be there by my side as my annoying but precious older sister. "Thank you."

"Don't thank me yet, you haven't confessed to her and I'm sure that she would like you as well. There is no way that anyone would reject my baby brother, you are the best younger brother that I can ask for." She gets out of my seat and gives me a pat on the back. "Put it in an envelope and don't shove it anywhere in your backpack, give it to her in the same condition as now."

I smiled as I placed the neatly folded piece of paper in the envelope and I sealed it tightly with a sticker, I placed it in my bag before slinging that bag over my shoulder. I'm ready to tell her exactly how I feel and I want to let her know that I am always there for her, no matter what happens. But my plans ceased to a stop when I heard my sister across the living room, answering a phone call via the telephone. "What? My grandma had been admitted to the hospital?"