Episode 87

Sanghyuk

I tried to avoid my father's eyes, he is so scary that he looked through me like that and immediately knew that I was his son. I mean he is my father and he is the one who I address as my father but we are not that close to each other, I don't think that I have seen him more than 10 times. And there was that 5-year gap that I was in Taiwan so I never got to meet him all this time and he still managed to recognize me just by seeing me standing there like a fool.

I think that he saw me standing like that and thought to himself that only his idiotic son would do such a thing, that would be the answer to how my father managed to recognize me in one second. "Answer me, Han Sanghyuk. I know that you are my son, tell me your true intention of doing this? I give you 5 seconds to answer before I hand you to the police."

I let out a sigh and I took off my sunglasses. "Fine, I am just minding my own business and you should go on your way to attend the wedding. This wedding is an important event for you and you have to attend to save your reputation."

"Sanghyuk, you still haven't told me why you are here for. If I don't get an answer from you, I will be willing to stay here just to hear your answer." He grabbed my arm. "I know that I ended my marriage with your mother but that doesn't mean that I am not your father anymore, I will always be your father and I will support you in everything that you do include the girl that you liked."

A sudden realization comes to my mind and I realized that I had been betrayed by my own older sister. "Did Noona told you about it?" I just know that I can't trust her for things like this, she is good at keeping secrets but not my secrets and now my father knows that I have a crush on the bride.

"It doesn't matter, all it matters is that you shouldn't be doing this to get her back to your side. You are my son which means that you are very rich as well and rich people don't disguise themselves as security guards to fool their fathers." He said to me and I was surprised at his answer, I thought that he would disapprove of me falling for someone who already is going to get married to someone else.

"Abeoji, I thought that you don't like me messing around like this," I told him. "And I thought that you would disown me for something like this but why aren't you doing anything at all?" I asked him.

"You are my only son and you are going to be the successor of my company whether you want it or not, and my successor should be able to love and marry anyone that he likes. As long as she doesn't have a criminal record, she is the one that you can marry and Choi Jooeun sure is a lovely lady." I am at a total loss for words, I don't know if he is actually speaking the truth or he is just playing tricks on me.

"Abeoji, it sounds so much like a lie that I don't want to be happy about it. What are you even hiding?" I asked him but he never lost that smirk of his. He isn't lying just to make me happy, he is genuinely happy for me that I have found the girl that I would love for the rest of my life.

"I never lie, you know that very well. So do you need my help to get rid of that CEO?" He said and my eyes gleamed up, that is the thing that I want to do the most and it is also Choi JooHwan's biggest aspiration.

"You can do such a thing? But you will lose a strong partnership if you help me get together with the girl that I like." I told him, I know that he wants to help me but it can also potentially ruin his business for him if he wants to stop doing business with her father.

He shrugged his shoulders. "Losing a partnership doesn't mean anything to me and I still have a lot of good people in the industry that I do business with but I don't allow you to get hurt over a girl that you can't get married, you will regret that for the rest of your life. Correct me if I am wrong but you haven't told her your true feelings right?"

I nodded my head, I can't believe that my father is having the same ideas as everyone who is involved in the plan. What the hell happened to my father for the past 5 years?

"You are my son, I will do anything to make you happy and you are not living a humble life, you are the successor of my company which makes you the next big boss of all my money and you are going to be a very rich man in the next few decades." He patted my shoulders. "So do you still need my help?"

"Do what is necessary and I will still call you father," I said to him. "You are still that cool father that I had my entire life, except that I am actually seeing you in person and we are finally in the same country."

I wore back my sunglasses and walked towards the wedding hall grabbing Choi Jooeun's hand, I am ready to tell the whole world that I have feelings for the most beautiful and unique girl in this world and I want to tell everyone that she is mine and no one can take her away from me. Here we go, Han Sanghyuk... Let's make everyone's jaw drop and regret making fun of me...