Episode 84

One week later...

Jooeun

I looked at myself in the mirror, staring blankly at my reflection and not caring about anything else. I have no thoughts right now and I don't want to think about anything either, it just gives me a headache and I don't like to deal with a headache, especially on such a big day like this.

"You feeling okay?" My best friend DongMi asked me as she asks me and I nodded my head. "Please do inform me if you need anything, I will be there to assist you and you have to allow me to assist you. Today is your big day and you are supposed to feel like a princess and you have a lot of servants to serve you but in this case, you only have one servant because you don't trust anyone else to be taking care of you."

Seungmin is a very good butler and he never fails to help me in everything that I tell him to do, even if he doesn't agree with it sometimes but he still does it because it is my order and he never goes against my order. DongMi inserts the final hairpiece in my hair and she patted me on the shoulders, telling me that she is done with her work.

I do look like a princess from some kingdom but I don't have the time to be happy about this, in a few more hours I will be married to Cha HakYeon, the man that my father wanted me to marry and the man that I will never fall in love with. It could be a few decades or a few days that we are going to stay married but I will never fall for him, he isn't someone that I can forgive given the number of horrible things that he has done to me and I haven't forgiven him him him for it.

'Is Seungmin outside? I have something to tell him.' I asked DongMi and she nodded, summoning my butler to come into my room. He comes into my room and I immediately ask him to give me updates about what is happening outside of this peaceful changing room, I know that the place is really quiet and it doesn't look like it can be chaotic but it is chaotic with the people who are attending the wedding.

Most of the guests today would be from the company itself because they forced everyone to attend and they have no choice but to attend because it is a company policy that you can't reject every event that you are supposed to attend whether it concerns you or not, I feel so bad for the people who are not involved in this but they are involved because of my father and I wished that they aren't there so that they wouldn't be able to witness an embarrassing thing that is going to happen today.

"Everything looks quiet and peaceful like what it is expected to be but I saw your father telling his guards to be at every entrance, it is going to be very hard for you to do anything but escape. What should we do, Jooeun Noona?" He asked me, I looked towards Yang DongMi for answers and she nods her head towards the window.

'Are you crazy? We can't climb out of the window, my dress is crazily huge and it is too big for the window.' I told her.

"Then how are they supposed to come in when everything is being blocked? No one can come in at all, and you are not going to be single." She said.

I heard a knock on the door, it was one of my father's men and he is informing us that the wedding is going to start soon and he will be escorting the three of us to the wedding hall, we can't go anywhere else without any of them around us and that would mean that we are done for and our freedom would be robbed temporarily until the end of the wedding but the thing is that I would be married.

DongMi suddenly clears her throat and that got his attention. "Can we give us a minute? We need to adjust her dress for a moment, it is not going to turn out nice for the cameras if we don't adjust it now. It would only be a while and we will come right out." She closes the door. "What should we do now?" She whispered.

I racked my brain hard for a plan B even though I know that my plan A would be a complete failure, but nothing is coming out at all. "Seungmin, how tall are you?" DongMi suddenly asks him a very weird question and I looked at her as if she is crazy.

"175cm, I am on the shorter side. Why do you ask?" Seungmin asked her and she looked down at my shoes.

"These are 3 inches heels right?" She asked me and I nodded my head. "I know a terrible but brilliant idea, it sounds ridiculous but it might work."

"What is that idea?" Seungmin asked.

"That man only saw the two of us right? He didn't manage to see Seungmin so he thinks that there is only the two of us in here but in fact, Seungmin is here with us the entire time, you can switch your dress with Seungmin and I bet that the guy wouldn't even notice." She smirks at her brilliant idea but the two of us are not keen on the idea at all.

I think that Yang DongMi has gone nuts trying to think of a way for me to get out of this horrible situation. 'Are you serious? No one would be able to mistake a guy for a girl but besides Seungmin won't be willing to change into a dress just to pass off as me.'

Seungmin nods his head as well. "It is crazy but it might work, he wouldn't stare at me for so long and he will be focusing on getting his work done." He exhaled and turned towards DongMi. "Do you have a wig or something that I can wear?" I have never thought that we would do such a thing to fool the entire audience.