Episode 55

Jooeun

"Are you sure that you want to leave at this point? You said that it is a busy time for the company and you are leaving for a vacation." My trusty butler asked me once again when we were at the airport.

'It is not exactly a vacation, Seungmin. I am on a mission to find Sanghyuk and I have to search for him no matter what and I am not coming back until I got hold of his whereabouts.' I told him.

"But you don't know where he is at, are you going flip the entire world? There are no clues to where he is going and you will take forever to find him." He pointed it out. "Miss, I think that you better give up and wait for him to come back on his own."

'I am not going to give up, I have been waiting for the past 5 years and there was no news, so I have to start searching on my own. He must be in someplace that is sort of the first world and everything is accessible quite easily.' I took out a letter from my handbag. 'And I have gotten this letter to help me.'

I thought that I would never be able to set off for this little mission of mine until I went to see Sanghyuk's sister a few days ago and she finally opened the door for me after begging her for almost an hour to open the door, she invited me into her apartment and then passed me a letter, telling me not to tell anyone and to keep it to myself.

It is a letter that I started tearing up as soon as I read it, it is filled with Sanghyuk's feelings and his desire to return to Korea but he simply couldn't because my father ordered him to stay behind or his family members would be in danger and he chose not to come back because he was trying to protect me, as long as he doesn't come back, my father is not going to do anything much to me except for locking him up like a prisoner.

The only way that he could get to send letters is by his mother whom she risked her life to go to the post office every weekend using an excuse to buy groceries and she would post out letters to Korea, that was how DaIn Unnie was able to keep in touch with her other half of the family for the past 5 years. She had wanted me to know about it as soon as she received the letters but she didn't want me to run all the way to find Sanghyuk and cause chaos all over and my father would not let this happen at all.

She waited till things get a little stable and she decided that it was now and I finally got to know the truth behind what happened 5 years ago, and I am going to get Sanghyuk back no matter what, my father can't control my life forever even if he wanted to and I need to have my place in the family and my life as well.

"So you're going to Taiwan?" He said sounding a little happy but yet he isn't glad about it at the same time. "Taiwan is a foreign place for you and they speak differently, how are you able to survive there let alone search for him?"

'You forgot that sign language is kind of universal and I had learned a little about Taiwan sign language and they are roughly the same, you could come along with me if you are worried about me. You would be a great help to me if you are there, at least you can communicate in English with the people and you are skilled in Chinese as well.' I pleaded to Seungmin who is still unsure about my decision.

I need someone by my side to help me in this, I could do it on my own but some moral support would help in this kind of situation. And Seungmin is a great choice, it is no doubt that I would bring him anywhere I want to go to and he will never be left behind, he is part of my family since 5 years ago.

"Me? Why me?" He is still asking why and I passed him his plane tickets. "You even prepared my plane tickets? Why are you so confident that I will come along with you?" He asked.

'You are a part of my family, that's why.' I flashed his passport to him and he gasped, wondering why his passport got into my hands when he kept it at home. 'I went to your apartment and it was there, I took it without any hesitation.'

"Miss Choi..." He sighed. "Fine, let's get going and get us checked in for the flight. I am so getting fired after this and I can't think about anything right now." We finally got out of the car after what seems like a very long time and I got my luggage and passed him empty luggage to buy his clothes when we are in Taiwan, he needs a new change of wardrobe anyways and it is the right time to change everything that he has in his wardrobe.

We finished checking in and there was a time before we get on the flight, I decided to go shopping for a while and Seungmin decided to come along as well so that he can protect me from anyone who is hired by my father to get me back. "Miss Choi, there is no need for you to buy anything here. You have plenty of time to shop in Taiwan."

'I don't, most of my time will be spent on searching for Sanghyuk and I have no idea how long it would be so I am doing some shopping first.' He sighed. 'Why are you sighing? I thought that you have already got used to my shopping?'

"I feel so grateful for you to hire me as your butler so that I will be able to talk to myself all the time but going on shopping trips is miserable, no one will be able to take it." He said. "Miss Choi, let's just grab something to eat."

'We are going shopping and then we are getting food, shopping is what makes me happy.' I told him. 'And call me Noona from now on, we are now a family, just the two of us.'