Episode 64

Jooeun

"You are crazy, Miss Choi." My lovely butler said to me as I looked at one watch that I saw back in Taiwan and it is being sold in the online shopping app that I always go to when I don't have the mood to go shopping outside, it is a very lovely watch and I thought that it would suit a certain someone.

'I am not crazy, Seungmin.' I said to him, still admiring the intricate details that are on the watch, I can't believe that it is that beautiful.

"I am just saying that because you would usually buy a lot of gifts for the people that you care about and there is a certain amount of people that you will care about, it would be your mother, your father who is the CEO of the company that you are working in, your older brother who is going to be your father's successor and your best friend Yang DongMi who is now a world-renowned ballerina. But why him? Don't you detest him all the while?" He asked me and I know who he is talking about.

I am buying a watch for Cha HakYeon and it is not just some random and affordable watch that is on sale, it is a Limited Edition watch that is only available in Taiwan and there are only 100 pieces of it in the world and Cha HakYeon is going to be that one of them. There is a reason for me to be buying such an expensive gift for him, and it is only for me to know and for him to find out.

Cha HakYeon opens the gift and he took one look at it before giving it back to me. "You are giving me a watch? Why? Is there a reason why?" He asked me.

I shook my head. 'There is no reason, you are one of my friends and you were the one who was always there for me and made sure that I was fitting in well with society.' I said to him.

Cha HakYeon isn't an evil person by nature, he was never the bad guy. If he were the bad guy, I would have stopped being friends with him way back in high school. He was the first person that I spoke to when I started schooling in a public high school, I remembered him being the caring senior who brought me around the school and to the dance studio where I joined the dance club and I met my best friend Yang DongMi as well.

He is the most caring person that I ever know, he helped me get used to the people in school and helped me fit in with the others. Of course, he was busy with his own life as well but he still made time for me to get used to school as a person with a hearing disability. And then Han Sanghyuk and he was the greatest mistake that I ever had in my life, if I hadn't met him, things would not be the way it is now and I will not be wasting 5 years of my life searching high and low for him just to get rejected like that.

We even kissed but he said that we were only friends, Han Sanghyuk is the worst person that I have ever fallen for and I swear that I will do whatever it takes to get over someone like him. So I am starting over my friendship with Cha HakYeon now since I know that he is a good friend to him and I know that he feels something for me.

There was a reason why he was being so nice to me back in high school, he had a girlfriend back then and they were supposed to have the best relationship but they didn't. The girl was accepted as an idol trainee and one of the conditions to be an idol trainee is to not have any relationship with anyone and she would have to end the relationship with Cha HakYeon or to give up her traineeship to continue dating Cha HakYeon.

Needless to say, she chose the first one and she dumped Cha HakYeon when they were doing pretty well in their relationship, they barely fought and they matched each other so well. But sadly, the girl didn't think that way and she left such a fine man for a career that wouldn't last for anyone who doesn't have luck or talent.

She is now a very famous actress earning millions of dollars for each episode and she is also a serial heartbreaker, dating guy after guy as if she is changing her clothes. It is because she broke up with her first love like it meant nothing much to her that it became so easy for her to break up with other men, Cha HakYeon did the right thing by not holding her back.

But he is still very heartbroken even after 5 years since their breakup, he is not dating anyone and it may seem that he is contented with his life right now but he isn't, he is tired of following orders that he wants to venture out on his own and he is not exactly good at that. That would be why he is still in this company and working under my father, based on his qualifications and his skills, he is more than good to be able to start a company on his own.

But he doesn't have the confidence to pull it off and he thinks that he can't do it, and I think that he can do it with a little push from me. That is the exact intention that I have started to get closer to Cha HakYeon hoping that I can convince him to leave the company and start a company with him being the CEO, it would be the perfect revenge for my father.

"Thank you, I appreciate it." Cha HakYeon said and he smiled, he has never smiled this genuinely for the first time in 5 years.