Episode 11

JooEun

I laid down in bed after drying my hair and treating it with some hair oil so that it doesn't dry out too much from all the hair drying that I have to do every single time after I have taken a shower. Last night was a mess, I spent the whole night locked up in the auditorium with the most hated person, Han SangHyuk.

But he was a lot different last night, he wasn't that annoying nor threatening. He didn't roll his eyes and said any curse words, his gaze was a lot friendlier than usual, his mannerisms were gentle but strong. Especially the part when I took my handkerchief to wipe the blood off his knuckles which he punches the door as he couldn't get out of the auditorium.

I don't know his reason for coming into the auditorium at such an hour but I'm thankful that he was there with me, without him, I would have been scared out of my wits. He was a great companion last night even though I still didn't like him that much, there aren't many good reasons to consider him as a good person, he is too violent for me to be friends with him.

Compared to HakYeon sunbaenim, HakYeon sunbaenim is much better than him who is always that calm and assured, he is just so different from Han Sang Hyuk who is always that aggressive and never thinks before he acts.

Anyways, they are just two different types of people and would never clash together, putting them together would cause a lot of trouble and it already had happened once. They got into a fight once in class and the school principal has already warned both of them to not fight again, good thing that they aren't friends.

I went to sleep with a positive mindset as always and I woke up a few hours later feeling grouchy but much better than earlier, sleeping in the auditorium is never good if you don't any pillows even though I really liked the auditorium. I greeted my mother who is, as usual, watching TV on that big ass TV screen that my father had bought for her a few years ago.

"Have you slept well?" She asked and came forward to give me a hug. "I'm sorry that I couldn't be there to get you out of the auditorium, I'm so shocked when I knew that you got locked up."

'It's okay, Omma...' I conversed with her through sign language. 'I didn't keep track of time and that someone else was there as well.'

"Who is that person that was with you?" She asked her mind thinking about the two people that came over to our house a few days ago. "Was it HakYeon ssi?"

Good try. I wished that it was him that I spent the entire night with... I shook my head. 'It was that guy that broke down my door.' I told her and she gasped. 'He was the one that I got locked up with.'

"Then did he do anything to you?" She looked at me from top to bottom. "Tell me please if he did." Her eyes frantically searching for any part of my body that looked injured to her, she only has me as her daughter and she would do anything to prevent me from getting hurt.

'Omma, he didn't do anything. He was afraid of the dark as well and I calmed him down, he really didn't do anything to me.'

She pulled me into a hug once again. "Oh, my dear daughter... You have really grown up a lot, I have always tried to protect you from the public as I'm afraid that the people outside might hurt you physically and emotionally but you have proved me wrong. Someone like you can also go to schools where the other children go to, I'm so proud of you JooEun." She said as her tears fall down one by one. 

I wiped her tears and I felt tears are going to come out of my eyes as well, like what my mother said, I'm disabled but I went to a normal high school than a special needs school where I should go technically and now I'm going to continue to study in a normal high school to prove them wrong. An audio-disabled student is not dumb, they are normal just like the others.

"Appa wants us to have dinner with him, get ready at 6 okay?" She told me before calming down. "Get dressed in your prettiest dress."

'OK, Omma... I will be looking forward to dinner with Appa.' It would be the first dinner ever since a month ago, the last time where I mentioned to him that I wanted to be schooled in a regular high school.

SangHyuk

I got a call in the middle of grocery shopping, my grandmother has bad knees so she couldn't stand for too long, I took up the job of buying groceries on her behalf. We only had each other so I have to help her as much as I can sense that my parents aren't there for me. "Hello?" It was from a long string of numbers that I don't bother to even save it, I couldn't be bothered to do that.

"What are you doing right now?" A female voice answered.

"Grocery shopping, why did you even ask?"

"Can I help you with that?" She asked. "I'll be there soon..."

"Don't--" Too late, she already hung up and she is running here... I'm very sure of that... This woman, she isn't my girlfriend. I don't date anyone because I'm afraid that I might hurt them. She is my older sister, the overly-obsessed type that clings onto me all day long as she feels the need to take care of me even though I am way taller than her and definitely can take care of myself.

She was running like what I had just said wearing her leather jacket and had shades placed on her head instead of just wearing what a normal human would do. "Yah, did I come on time?" She asked as she fans herself. Why did she even run?

I nodded and then gave her one of the bags that I was carrying. "Don't you have anything to do?"

"Yes, I have. It's you. Why aren't you going out with anyone when it is the weekend?"

"I am not dating anyone so there is no need for me to go out with anyone," I told her. "You on a date?"

"Nope, I just came from a very important photo shoot." She replied. Then does she even care about me dating anyone when she isn't dating anyone as well?

"SangHyuk, it would be good if you didn't cause trouble all the time. In that way, girls would like you and you would have friends."

"I don't need them. They are useless." I simply replied. "I can survive without them so why did I even need them?"

"Haishh... You're so hard to please." She pointed her finger at one random girl. "If you would have tried, that random girl across the street would have become yours without any difficulty as you are dashing as hell."

"Aishh..." I followed her finger and it was Choi JooEun wearing a beautiful dress and has the most beautiful hair that I have ever seen on her. "That's impossible," I said. She would never like me, hate can't ever turn into love. Plus, she likes Cha HakYeon. It was evident that her eyes go twinkling whenever he is there.