Episode 88

Jooeun

I stared at Han Sanghyuk in amazement, I can't believe that he actually did that in front of so many people and now he is looking all guilty that he said all of that too so many people and especially in front of Cha HakYeon and my father. I wished that I had taken a video or a voice recording of that exact moment so that I can keep it as a memory and show him as a reminder of what he said to make my father and Cha HakYeon drop their jaws.

He turned around and his face turned red. "Stop staring at me like that, it makes me flustered." He said. "I know what I have exactly done and I am starting to regret it."

I shook my head. 'Don't ever regret that moment that you said it in front of so many people, could you say it again for me so that I can hear it once more?'

He shook my head. "I am not going to say that, it all happened in the heat of the moment and I never actually wanted to say that, I didn't want to say that you are my woman and no one can touch her except for me." He covered his face with his hands. "Look, you made me say that again, I don't have the intention to say that at all."

He does have the intention of claiming me as his woman and telling everyone about it, he wouldn't be willing to go through so much pain and suffering if he didn't have feelings for me. He wouldn't have pretended that he didn't know me if he didn't care about me, he wouldn't have convinced his older sister and my older brother to join him in crashing the wedding.

Well, my older brother already had plans to bring down my father and Han Sanghyuk betrayed my father and joined my older brother knowing that he would die, that is not something a friend would do to protect another friend.

'Do you like me? Don't you dare to tell me that we are just friends and there is nothing between the two of us because whatever you just did is contradicting everything that you have said to me?' I told him. 'Have you always loved me for the past 5 years?'

He looked at me, straight into my eyes and he let out a sigh, nodding his head. "Right, you were all right about that. I have always liked you ever since we started to be friends, I just didn't manage to tell you properly about that and I was afraid that you might not like me."

'Why?' I asked him. 'Why would you think that I wouldn't like you?'

"Because I was so mean to you back in high school and made your life so miserable and when we started to be close to each other, I thought that you were only friendly towards me and you liked me as a friend." I shook my head. "That was what I thought at that time and that was why I couldn't confess my feelings for you at that time."

'You were never mean to me, you had your reasons but I know that you are the nicest human being out there. You are good to your parents and especially your late grandma whom I loved talking to so much, there is nothing bad about you and I don't regret liking you.' I took a deep breath and I looked at him, my heart pounding hard as I stare into his eyes. 'My only question for you is that if you will continue to be that Han Sanghyuk for me and love me?'

He looked around the surroundings and he looked at the people who were cycling in the background, we ran to a park and made it our temporary hiding spot until some guy from my father's side knows about our whereabouts. And he finally looked back at me. "I am willing to love you and cherish you for the rest of my life."

'Even if I am deaf and I can't hear you without my hearing aid?' I asked him again and he nodded, and we kissed each other on the lips.

I can't believe that we finally told each other about our true feelings after 5 years, it could have been done earlier if not for the both of us going back and forth and before we know it, Han Sanghyuk got sent to Taiwan and I lost contact with him for 5 years.

I am so glad that we are finally reunited and we got to tell each other about our feelings for each other and I managed to run away from the wedding that I didn't want to attend the most, I know that Cha HakYeon and my father is most probably running around in circles trying to look for me but I don't want him to look for me and have me say goodbye to Han Sanghyuk.

"Was that a proposal?" He said to me after we have kissed each other like we are hungry for each other, I leaned on his shoulder and looking at the beautiful scenery of the park and dressed in a black suit instead of the wedding dress that I am supposed to be wearing.

'It could be if you want to marry me right now. It is a little too soon but if you want it, I could get married to you.' I said to him and he immediately stood up, searching for something in his pockets and he brought out a box.

He opened that box and it revealed a ring, how does he have a ring in his pocket like he planned it. "I bought this ring when I was in Taiwan and I bought the ring hoping that I could marry you someday and today is the day that I am going to ask you to marry me." And he reached for one flower bush and plucked out one flower and held it in his hand. "I might get arrested for it but I don't care, you need flowers for a proposal and this will be the one although it looks all shabby."

I chuckled at his antics, his sense of humour is still in him and I loved his humour and everything about him. He finally got down on one knee and everyone around us cheered for him, I felt so touched at his simple proposal even though I know that he can afford to do a huge proposal but he chose to propose to me right here in this small park and a flower that he plucked from the bush with the engagement ring that he bought.

"Will you marry me and be my wife?" He said and I have never felt so happy hearing those words from his mouth and I didn't waste one second of his time and I said yes to his proposal, the whole audience cheered for us and our unconventional proposal.