Episode 76

Jooeun

"Open your mouth wide! I promise that you will like this!" I refused to open my mouth once again to Yang DongMi who is trying to force-feed me her food that she spent the past hour making, it is not that she is bad at cooking and everything that she makes is inedible but I just don't have the appetite to eat anything.

Yang DongMi has a talent for cooking and I usually like her cooking but I am letting all of that go to waste because I don't have the appetite to eat all of it and that is going to make her sad but it is not like I can suddenly make myself happy for one second and finish all of her food and be unhappy again.

I don't have that switch in me that enables me to do such a thing, only actors have that ability to switch modes like that. "Please, Seungmin told me that you haven't eaten much in days and you are going to collapse very soon at this rate."

I wish that I can but I can't do that... I let out a sigh again and she takes the chance to shove food into my mouth, I looked at her as if she is a crazy woman and she only smiles at me. "Mission accomplished..." She said to me. "And now you would have to finish the entire thing or it will go cold and it won't be tasty anymore." She hands me my food that is being served on a tray.

I looked at her and I started eating the food that she cooked for me, I am still so sad to eat but at least my stomach is wanting food right now. I finished in 2 minutes flat and I looked at Yang DongMi who is also looking at me, she seemed so shocked to see that I have the ability to finish my food in such a short time. 'That is why I managed to escape family time every time I go and have dinner with my family.' I told her and she clears my food, taking it to the kitchen and then she comes back with dessert. 'I thought that you only have a main dish.'

"A full meal comes with dessert, don't you know that?" She asks me. "And I have the money and I am tasked to make you full, and I know that you love dessert." She shoves it in my mouth.

'You are going to make me full.' I told her. 'You better eat some too, force Seungmin to eat as well. I have to make him fat so that he can't get married in this lifetime and he would have to stay with me for the rest of his life.'

"I heard that," The both of us burst out laughing, I can't believe that he is just standing outside and hearing the both of us having a conversation and not joining at all. "What is so funny about it?"

Yang DongMi gets up from my bed and she opens the door and she pulls Seungmin into the door. "You are such a weirdo, you are just listening to our conversation without even joining in and you get all offended when we talk about you."

"Isn't that right? I am just your butler and my job is to stay by your side until you fall asleep and I get to end work for the day, if you are having fun with your friend, I would be just outside waiting for you to fall asleep." He says and I feel like laughing again because Seungmin just doesn't realize that I don't see him as my employee but my younger brother, he feels like I am just saying it for fun but I don't take it as a playing thing that I appoint Seungmin to be my younger brother for fun and there is no meaning behind it.

And there is the meaning behind why I decided to hire Seungmin, I met Seungmin 5 years ago at an old-school Korean eatery. I used to go there to get my food back when I was in university. I am having my usual lunch one day when I saw a guy who was looking around for food and he was being chased out by every restaurant for not having any money and he is trying his hardest to stay alive, I tried to pretend that I don't see him but he caught my attention and he never made me look away from him.

And so I decided to buy him a meal and he rejected me at first, saying that he won't accept it just because I am being nice to him but I don't think the same way, he reminded me too much of myself. He came from a wealthy family but his family has too many expectations from him because he is an heir to his father's business but he is the youngest son which means that no one gave a damn about his life and all, but he is also expected to perform well at the same time.

But he has his ambition and it is different from his family and soon the family got disappointed because he wasn't the model student that they wanted him to be and they kicked him out of the family, I immediately thought of him as a younger brother as soon as I heard his story and I asked him if he wanted to work with me and be my butler but I have never expected him to agreed.

"That wasn't a joke?" He asked both of us with tears in his eyes. "I thought that you needed someone to clean your dirty apartment so you had to ask me." I hit his shoulder and he smiled like an idiot. "But I am glad that you still want me as a younger brother when no one else in my family wanted me as their son and younger brother."