Episode 78

Jooeun

"Don't be sulky when you get into the office later, you would have to show everyone that you are very happy about the wedding and you can't wait to get married to the love of your life." My butler just never forgets to remind me every single day that I have to look happy for the wedding that I didn't sign up for.

It is a few days before the wedding and I am expected to look a little tired because I have spent all of that time preparing for the wedding but my main goal is to stop the wedding and I am trying my hardest to not get married to Cha HakYeon. One way is to elope with the real love of my life Han Sanghyuk but he doesn't have any feelings for me and I will be a laughing stock if anyone knows that I have feelings for my older brother's new secretary.

Everyone will laugh their asses out and I am going to be the one who will be embarrassed at all of this, and my father will try to separate the two of us again but the thing is that Han Sanghyuk is not interested in me anyway and I will be the only one who will get hurt from this.

"Be happy, not sulky. Remember that, Jooeun Noona." I glared at him.

'Say that again and I swear that you will see your luggage being thrown out when you get home later, I will not hesitate to do that.' I said to him.

"But I am irreplaceable to you and you can't find someone else like me." He said, stopping the car and we got out of the car.

It is a normal day at work and it is nearing the wedding so everyone is just going to continue to congratulate me on my wedding when they are also invited to the wedding, there will be a lot of reporters that are going to be there and things are going to get chaotic.

I walked to the lift lobby and I stood there, waiting for the lift and I turned to face Seungmin. 'Did you remember to bring everything with you?' I asked him, he tends to be a little forgetful even though he is a very good butler but he is a little flawed in this area.

He nodded his head. "Yes, I did. Don't worry about my memory, it is getting better now that you forced me to do sudoku puzzles before I go to bed." He said he is happy that he is not forgetful anymore.

And then he suddenly gasps and then pats down his pockets, he looked at me and gave an awkward laugh. "Oh dear, I forgot to bring my phone along. Noona, you go up first while I go get my phone." He runs off and I shake my head in disappointment. Even the sudoku puzzles can't help him at all...

The lift arrived shortly and I got inside, pressing the lift button to close the lift doors until it suddenly opened again, I guess that Seungmin did remember to bring his phone along after all.

But the person who stopped the lift is not Seungmin, it is Han Sanghyuk and he looked at me for a whole second without saying anything to me and then he entered the lift, treating me as if I am invisible. It has been almost 3 days since I met him at the wedding boutique, it is hard to believe but he is working in this company as well and he is my older brother's new secretary.

I have been trying my hardest to avoid him for the past 3 days, always sending Seungmin to meet my older brother and I would always stay next to Seungmin who will help me keep a lookout for Han Sanghyuk but Seungmin is not here with me and I got to see Han Sanghyuk.

He says nothing to me the whole time and he is standing in the lift, just waiting for the lift to reach his floor and he will get out, never seeing my face again. But I don't want to waste that one minute just staring at his back and not doing anything about it, even though he doesn't like me, we can still be friends with each other.

I tapped his shoulder and he turned around to look at me. 'How is Chloe?' I asked him about the cat that we adopted together back in our high school days, Chloe was the cat that I used a lot of opportunities to get close to Han Sanghyuk since the cat is with him ever since we decided to adopt the kitty.

I wasn't expecting him to answer my question but he nodded his head. "Chloe? She is doing well as a cat, eating when she needs to and make sure that she gets her sleep."

'That's great, I am glad that you are still taking care of Chloe. I thought that you had given her away when you moved to Taiwan.' I said, I missed Chloe so much but in our strained relationship right now, it would be weird for me to go see Chloe when I am not even sure that he even sees me as a friend now.

He didn't say anything back to me and turns back to face the wall, I guess that we are awkward to be friends right now. Things are not the same as before...

The lift doors opened and he was ready to get out, he walked out still not looking at me. "You are welcome to see Chloe any time you want, my older sister is taking care of her in the old apartment."

It isn't something touching like an award speech that you say when you win a prize but it is making me tear up because he is talking to me just like the good old days before he left for Taiwan. Did he change in the last 5 years?