Episode 77

Sanghyuk

I stood by the door waiting for my boss to arrive at work, I didn't mean to come in that early but you must be at work at least 20 minutes before your boss comes to work, you will have the time to prepare everything for the day and you won't go into panic mode when something goes wrong into your planning.

That was what I learned from the book that I bought at the bookstore yesterday, it is a how-to book on how to be a good secretary and learning how to impress your boss. But I don't need to make an effort to impress Choi JooHwan, he is easily impressed by everything and he already thinks that I am the best secretary ever when I have only worked for him for 2 days.

But it doesn't mean that I should do nothing as a secretary, the whole company must also be convinced that I am a good secretary to the future CEO so that I will be able to stay here for a long time and I will get to see Choi Jooeun. Choi Jooeun? Why am I thinking about Choi Jooeun now?

I mentally slapped myself, I am not in a position that I can think or talk about Choi Jooeun however I want, she is not the same Choi Jooeun that I have known 5 years ago. She is now in a very high position in the company and she is also known as the Choi Jooeun who is going to get engaged to Cha HakYeon, and most importantly she is also Choi JooHwan's younger sister.

I can't touch her and I can't look at her however I want, I have an agreement with the CEO that I should just focus on doing my work and making sure that Choi Jooeun doesn't harbour any feelings for me anymore and she would get married to Cha HakYeon without any problems. She would be in great danger if I come close to her, the CEO hates me and he is just keeping me here because he has a reason and I have no idea what that reason is.

And the most important thing is that my boss doesn't have any clue about whatever is happening between Choi Jooeun, Cha HakYeon and his father. He is being kept in the dark and I have no idea why the CEO doesn't tell him the truth and makes him think that he is doing a great job as the future CEO of the company and there is nothing much to worry about.

That would be why he is always so happy when he comes to work and he would always have a smile on his face, he doesn't have a day that he doesn't smile. Generally, he isn't like what his father is and he is an extremely down-to-earth and very nice person, just like Choi Jooeun.

"You are here early again? I thought that I told you that you don't need to come so early, you need your rest to be my secretary." He said to me and he makes his way to his office, putting his stuff down. "Have you eaten?" He asked me. "We should have some breakfast before we start work."

"It is okay, I am not hungry," I said to him and my stomach immediately growled, my stomach doesn't like to be lied to and I indeed didn't have any breakfast because I was rushing to get to work early.

"You are hungry and you are coming with me to get breakfast, you can't say no about it and I will make sure that you are fed before we start work. Hungry people are angry people and I don't want to see you hungry and angry at the same time." He said, grabbing his phone to call for delivery. "What do you usually eat for breakfast?"

I still wanted to decline his offer but the look on his face made me swallow my words and I told him whatever I want to have for breakfast, I should have just actually had my breakfast so that we will not have this awkward conversation about me not having any breakfast and he had to order me food so that I don't go hungry.

The food arrived in a jiffy and I immediately dug in, I never thought that I would be this hungry and now I know that I am always that hungry and I need a lot of food to stay alive. Choi JooHwan only drinks his coffee as he watches me eating my food and I feel so awkward once again. "Do you want to eat my food? I feel bad eating my food here while you wait for me to finish my food."

He waved a hand. "No, I don't eat that much for breakfast and I only need coffee to stay alive." He replied. "Do you usually eat that much for breakfast? I see that you are a growing boy."

I shook my head. "This is the amount I usually eat, Mr Choi."

He cringed at the name that I address him as is there another way to address my boss without sounding rude and inappropriate? "Mr Choi sounds like a grumpy old man who nitpicks about everything, call me hyung instead since you are 3 years younger than me and you are the same age as my younger sister."

"I can't do that, you are the future CEO of this company and it would be so rude to address the CEO in such an informal way." He said to me. "Call me hyung, you can treat me as your older brother since you only have an older sister."

I stopped eating and I looked up at him. "How do you know that I have an older sister?" He could have known that from the resume that I sent him but no one cares about that part, it is just a small part of your details.

"Not only that, but I also know that you are Jooeun's friend back in high school and my father kept you there in Taiwan for 5 years." I looked at him, what is he?