Episode 47

5 years later...

I looked up at the bright sky, it is a lovely day as I have predicted and things are going to proceed smoothly today. I take in a breath of the clean air around me and I looked towards the person that is walking towards me right now, with a clipboard in his hand. "Missy, we have to leave for the meeting right now or we will be late."

I nodded at his words, getting up from my seat and I made my way to the car porch where my designated car is being parked at and I got into the car, securing myself with the seatbelt and I motioned for the person to start driving, he also acts as my chauffeur and he is the main person who follows me everywhere I go and he had to be next to me at all times.

My life hasn't really changed in the past 5 years, I am still the Choi Jooeun I was 5 years ago and I am still the heiress to my father's company and I work alongside my half-brother who is now deputy CEO and he will be taking over the company very soon, I would be assisting him as the Chief Operation Officer (COO) of the company which is a very huge thing but I know that I can do it and everyone around me has the confidence that I have the capabilities to be the COO.

I have been accepted into the Choi Family as an official family member and my father's youngest child and the heiress, my mother has been given the title to appear in public as my mother and no one has the right to criticize her as being the mistress of my father but now she has the same title as my stepmother, I am really happy for her.

My best friend Yang DongMi is now a world-renowned ballet dancer and she has performed in a lot of countries and she even performed in front of the president once and she received nothing from praises, making her the best ballet dancer that South Korea has ever had in the century. She is so busy that I barely have the chance to meet her often, the last time that I have seen her was a few months ago and she had to rush off for an event, that just proves that she has succeeded as a ballet dancer, it is something that she has dreamt of for a very long time.

Other than that, I have been cooped up at work every single day and I barely have the time to even rest. I am just lucky that today's meeting is in the afternoon and I have nothing to do in the morning, earning me a bit of time to have my alone time with myself, that is the only time that I could be the homely Choi Jooeun and not the COO that everyone respects in the company.

I arrived at the company with a bit of time to spare and I made use of the time to greet every single employee of the company, not every single employee in every department but everyone that walks past me when I am making my way to the meeting room that is located at the highest floor of the company and that is where my office resides as well. I made my way to the office and I placed down my bag and I made my way to the meeting room, there were already people in the room and they turned around to greet me. "COO Choi, good afternoon."

My butler appears on my right, holding a few bags of cookies. "Miss Choi wants to thank everyone here who is in this meeting and she wants you to have some cookies before the meeting starts, please take a bag and share around. There are enough cookies for everyone so don't worry!"

I always loved bringing snacks and drinks to my meetings as a sign of good luck and for everyone at the meeting to de-stress a little before the start of the meeting, they loved it so much and that helped me earn a few brownie points to be the chief operating officer that they wanted to have.

The meeting was over in a couple of hours and everyone left the meeting room, except for the CEO and the chief financial officer. The CEO walks to me, putting a hand on my shoulder. "You have really improved so much ever since your first meeting, I could really count on you to assist your older brother when he becomes the CEO, I know that you can do that."

'Thank you, Dad.' I smiled and I bowed to him and the CFO before my father called me back.

"You have time for dinner tonight? Come home to have dinner with us, the CFO is invited as well to join us for dinner." He announced happily and he places a hand on his shoulder. "HakYeon told me that he missed home-cooked food and I wanted him to taste some of your mother's cooking so I invited him over, is that okay with you?"

'Sure, I have the time.' I told my father and I looked towards the chief operating officer. 'I will see you guys in the evening, I have something to see to this instant.'

I walked out of the meeting room as soon as I can and I heard Cha HakYeon's voice, he was calling for me and I chose to ignore him as I have always done when I don't want to talk to him, I didn't want to see him or talk to him. Ever since the one time that he sold himself out to rat to my father that I have not been very obedient as I should be and he prevented me from going anywhere else but next to him, I lose hope in him from that moment on and I decided not to be friends with him anymore.

It has been almost 5 years and he still tries to get close to me like back then in high school but it could never be the same, even if he were to work in the same company as me and gotten a senior position in the company, that wouldn't make me want to forgive him for what he did back then. I would still have a chance to say goodbye to him if Cha HakYeon didn't betray me.