Episode 13

SangHyuk

My eyes focused on the tiny character that is on the computer screen and the other tiny character that I am supposed to defeat in order to win this round, I replenished all my health points and had a few bottles of health potions in my inventory before going all out against the opponent who is being played by another random player somewhere in the world. My fingers pressed on the keyboard buttons as my character moved swiftly towards the opponent and attacking the opponent with the signature moves of my designated character, weakening the opponent further and I was sure of winning this very round with ease.

I suffered a great hit from the opponent while I struggled to keep up with his moves, he is way too fast for a beginner. He has to be an expert at least, no beginner is this experienced to pretend to be bad at first and then increasing speed and ability of the character.

I have to win this... I have to... I promised that I would give half of what I have if I did lose... "Hyuk-ah!" I pressed one wrong button and that ended my character's life in one short second, all I have done to keep it alive and it ended so quickly.

I rolled my eyes and took off my headphones, placing it on the table. "WHAT!" I yelled at the top of my voice. Who had the nerve to disturb me when I'm gaming?

"Hyuk-ah, come out for a second." It was my grandmother and I immediately went back into my 10-year-old self, walking to the door and opening it.

"What is it, Halmeoni?" I asked while wondering why she has to call me in the middle of my gaming, I could've won if she didn't have to call me right at the most important moment of the whole tournament. "Sorry that I yelled, I was in the middle of my game."

"Your older sister is here and there is a girl with her." She told me and I groaned. Didn't I give her money to feed her? Why is she still loitering around and bringing someone home again? Even though my older sister may look cool and all, she is someone that I would hate when she brings home a random stranger to stay with us for the night. It could be a homeless old man that she found on the streets or a stray puppy that she picked it on the roadside, she finds them pitiful and wanted to take care of them.

There was one time that she brought home a young girl not more than 5 years old and the parents came over a few hours ago and gave my older sister a dressing down, of course, Halmeoni and I were dragged into it as we were living under the same roof. There are a lot of other people that could help them, why must it be us? Why must she always be that kind and cause such a hindrance to me?

It is not that I disliked homeless people, it is that she would always put them in the same room as me and I hated having other people to share the same room as me and they are not even my roommates, there are just people that I would never ever see them again. If I did, they will still be on the streets the next time that I happened to see them again. Life doesn't change miraculously after you got saved by some kind-hearted people, my older sister isn't some Mother Teresa, she is just way too kind.

I got dragged out of my comfortable room by my grandmother and out to the living room where there is indeed a girl hiding behind my older sister who is still talking to her, she is wearing a beautiful blue dress which reminded me of a particular someone. JooEun wore a similar dress this evening when I saw her getting out of that luxurious car. "OK, there is no need to be afraid of. The people are very kind and I'm sure that my brother wouldn't do anything bad to you, he is an angel despite how he looked like."

Angel? A demon would be better to describe me as an individual... "Noona, let this be the last time that you would bring someone home without consulting any of us beforehand," I told her and for the girl to hear as well. "Our house is not a hotel for goodness sake."

My older sister turned around. "What's wrong with it? We can make money with it." She placed the girl in front. "Meet JooEun, my friend and your roommate for tonight."

It was really her... "She was supposed to go to have dinner with her family but backed out at the last minute, I found at the convenience store and thus brought her home with me." She elaborated further. "She has a hearing disability so she can't speak."

So, she was going to have dinner... That explains the dress that she was wearing, you wouldn't wear such a beautiful dress if you are just going to the convenience store.

She showed a slight smile, probably relieved that I was the only person that she knows. "I won't let her sleep in my room, she is a female," I stated.

"I know so she is going to sleep with me and Halmeoni tonight, is that okay with you, Mr Hyukkie?"

My cheeks flushed. "Don't call me Hyukkie in front of strangers, it's embarrassing."

Hyukkie is like what you would call a child, not a high school student... "Aigoo..." Halmeoni goes forward to comfort JooEun. "Let's get you washed up before it is too late, you might catch a cold if you shower too late."

JooEun stopped Halmeoni from taking her to the bathroom and wrote something on her phone, showing it to my grandmother after she is done the writing. I really need to get used to not communicating with her via text if we are going to see each other at school.

"You want to sleep with Hyuk? But Hyukkie--" I immediately coughed. Is she out of her mind? She quickly wrote another one and gave it to Halmeoni, my grandmother read it really quickly and then smiled. "I will bring you the towels later on and wash up." She told JooEun as she led her into my room.

My grandmother nudged me on the shoulder once she is out of her sight. "Hyuk-ah, why didn't you tell me that the two of you were friends?"