Episode 74

Sanghyuk

I arrived 15 minutes before work and I decided to drop by the cafe for a quick cup of coffee before work, my colleagues mentioned to me that it is a favourite among all the employees and they loved going to the cafe to get their caffeine fix, and it is also famous for their cafe lattes. I am not a huge fan of cafe lattes because of the milk in them but I hope that their iced Americanos are not a disappointment,  I only liked drinking coffee because of iced Americanos.

"We will call you when your order is ready." The server told me after finishing up my transaction and I went to wait at the side for my coffee, there is already a lot of people and I hope that my coffee is ready soon.

I scrolled through my phone for any notifications and there wasn't any which is very surprising because my sister told me that she would call me every hour to make sure that I don't cause any trouble, as if I would cause any trouble at work. Oh right, I forgot that I was the detention kid of our family and my drawer is filled with those detention notices that I never got my grandmother to sign for me because she would get all upset that I failed in being a good kid again...

But things are different now, I am not that guy who treats the detention room as my second bedroom and I spend so much time in there that it doesn't feel scary to me at all, I am a changed person now and I don't do things like causing trouble at work. I am not that kind of a person to cause any trouble at the age of 25.

"I can't believe that I am seeing am an idiot so early in the morning, it must have been my bad luck." I looked up to find Yang DongMi looking back at me like I am some insect that she wanted to get rid of. "What are you even doing here for?"

It has been 5 years since I have last seen Yang DongMi and I still want to kill her off with my own hands, how can she still be this irritating after such a long time? "That should be my question? Why the hell are you even here for? I heard that you were a ballerina who performs in a lot of countries, shouldn't you be performing right now and not trying to find fault with me?" I asked her back.

"I have a reason to be here, I am going to be Jooeun's maid of honour and she is going to look like the most beautiful woman in the world." She said, praising herself as always. "Then what are you going to do? Just watching by the sidelines and witness the girl that you loved to get married to the person that you hated the most?"

Choi Jooeun was the girl that I fell in love with in high school and I learned a lot of things from her, she is kind and thoughtful of others and although she has a disability herself, she doesn't let it hinder her and she is amazing like that. She convinced her father to allow her to go to a public school so that she can learn how to fit into society in her way and she tells everyone that her disability doesn't mean that she is useless, she is just as capable as anyone else.

She was that person and I liked that side of Choi Jooeun a lot, and now she is not that same person anymore. She is being controlled by her father who is being very greedy and he wants to be in control of everything, especially his daughter's love life and that is why he has decided to marry her to Cha HakYeon just because he has something on him and he has taken advantage of that.

I know one secret about Cha HakYeon that no one else from school knows about and it is about his family, he is from a single-parent family whose mother works all the time to support the both of them. He hides this because he is afraid of people not wanting to be friends with him and being embarrassed in front of Choi Jooeun whose father is the CEO of a huge company.

And he knows that I know because he caught me once stalking him and I never did that again, I never thought that he would find out about it so quickly but now that he is going to get married to Jooeun, I don't even know if he is going to continue to hide the fact that he wouldn't be able to support their family because of his financial situation.

"You're as crazy as before, I can't believe that you are still friends with her," I said to Yang DongMi and the server calls out my order number at the same time and I went ahead with getting my coffee and ignoring Yang DongMi.

I got out of the cafe and made my way to the company when I heard Yang DongMi curse at me. "Hey, I am talking to you! Han Sanghyuk, why are you trying to run away now?" She yelled at me and everyone turned their heads to the both of us, anyone who is seeing this is probably thinking that we are a couple and we are having one of our dramatic couple fights that you see in those dramas.

"Hey, you bastard! I thought that you were so devoted towards Choi Jooeun and you liked her so much but now you are pretending that she wasn't in a huge part of your life just because she is getting married to your love rival. She is waiting for you to run away with her so do whatever you need to do and take her away before the wedding, I allow you to do that because I want my friend to be happy. " She yelled, making me heartache.

I can't believe that I am still thinking about Choi Jooeun after so many years, I am supposed to get over her because it is an order by her father to forget about her and move on with my life. That was what I promised that year to not allow Choi Jooeun to get hurt because of me.