Episode 23

Sanghyuk

I sat down at my desk, holding a pen in my hand as I continue to doodle aimlessly. It is a Saturday afternoon and I don't know what to do with my life, there is no school and I have no friends to hang out with. I'm not like most of the students in the school who have friends and they do hang out with each other on the weekends, I'm always alone on the weekends and sometimes I would work but not all the time since I don't have the need to work.

My parents send me money through my bank account every single month and they pay for my phone bills as well, further proving the fact that my family is well off enough for me to play around. And my grandmother would try to reduce my spendings by making me and my older sister have dinner at home every single day, sometimes we would eat out but it is like twice in 3 months.

I glossed over my phone, looking at JooEun's contact, my fingers hovering over the screen as I looked at her messages between me and her. She told me that she will be spending her time with her new friend, Yang DongMi at the library. I told her that I wanted to come along with her yesterday but she told me to just stay at home since I'm not a fan of books and I would just doze off halfway, me being there doesn't even help her in the very least and it would be best that I stay at home and she would come over later for dinner.

Her mother allows her to come over at my house or to get out of the house more often these days, I guess that changed because of JooEun. Her mother wasn't the best person to understand the need for JooEun to go out to the real world to socialise with the other people and she had kept JooEun tightly in her hold, refusing her to see the real world. So JooEun had no choice but to wait until she is ready to go against her mother and change the rules, for her and her mother. It has been too long for her mother to hide from the public as the mistress of one of Korea's largest corporations and it wouldn't make sense if JooEun would be kept hidden for the rest of her life.

She is considered one of the heirs and she has the right to the inheritance, it is just that she is the lovechild of her mother and the CEO. Her life would be so different if her mother was married to the CEO as the second wife and not a mistress with no legal title.

I hear some noises coming from my phone and I discovered that I did something very careless of myself, I have been thinking about JooEun way too much that I accidentally called her. My fingers were hovering over the phone and it slipped halfway through and it made the call to her when I have never called her before, it is the first time that I'm calling her. "JooEun, he isn't answering it." Yang DongMi's voice sounded through the line and I panicked, even more, she picked up with Yang DongMi around. "Yah, Han SangHyuk!"

I cleared my throat and inhaled and exhaled deeply. "Yes, it is me."

"Why did you call JooEun all of a sudden? You know that she can't reply to you the normal way."

"I know, it is a mistake. I made the call by mistake, tell JooEun that and remind her that dinner at my place is still on."

She sighed deeply. "Right, I'll let her know that." She paused for a short moment. "Can I join you for dinner as well?"

"No," I replied without any single bit of hesitation.

"Why? If you could invite JooEun over for dinner at your house, why can't I be?" She speaks to JooEun. "Sanghyuk is really mean to me right?"

"Don't say that about me, I'm not mean! I'm very very kind and I'm the kindest human being ever." I corrected her. "Don't go telling JooEun bad things about me."

"JooEun says that I can come along." She ignored my words. "She says that and it is final. You won't be that mean right?" I had a pained expression on my face, I only wanted JooEun to come along since she is the only friend that I have and she is the only one that knows my family well. And I would get to spend time with her as a normal friend inviting over his friend for dinner and having Yang DongMi in between is making me feel so uncomfortable, she must not come no matter what. "So? Are you going to invite me or what?" She said and she started to whisper. "I can be there for support since I know that you have feelings for JooEun."

I coughed loudly. How the hell did she even know that? I swear that I tell no one about it and I kept my affections towards her very discreetly. "How did you--" She cut me off. "I had my own methods to know about that, call me a genius or what because I know that you like her a lot the first time that we met each other. You don't go so panicky for a female friend who just sprained her ankle, it is as if she is in a serious accident rather than a simple sprain."

I cleared my throat once again. "That... That was just natural for a friend to act like that, I care for her well-being and I would get worried if she gets injured."

"When it is just a freaking sprain on the ankle."

"Yang DongMi, stop talking about that!" I yelled at her, I have totally lost my patience for her.

"If you would invite me over for dinner as well. I will help you confess to her."

I don't need any help from anyone, not even Yang DongMi the busybody. "Fine, you're in. I don't consider you the same level as JooEun, just saying."