Chapter 8: The Glowing Eyes

After training, Farah decided she would head down to Bruce's lab and see if he could help her understand her powers better.

She had changed into jeans and a t-shirt before beginning to make her way down there. She had a bag slung over her left shoulder as she casually strolled through the compound.

As she walked down to the lab, she tried not to think about her previous encounter with Pietro. Farah honestly didn't know how she felt, but she wasn't exactly in the mood to figure it out right now.

She was looking at the ground when she felt her phone buzz in her pocket. She pulled it out and raised an eyebrow, frowning when she saw her mom was calling her. She rolled her eyes and silenced it, she definitely wasn't in the mood for that either.

Farah passed a conference room and heard some people chatting, all beginning to file out as she passed by. She walked a little further down the hall when a tall brunette woman passed her, looking her up and down. Farah blinked her eyes in confusion. She had been here over a week and none of the S.H.I.E.L.D. agents had paid any attention to her.

The brunette started walking backward, she had a slight snarl on her face. "Wow, I was honestly expecting someone a little more..." She said continuing to look at Farah. "Intimidating, I mean they say you killed what? Six people?" Was all the brunette said before walking in the opposite direction as Farah.

Farah was absolutely bewildered but what had just happened. She scoffed as she watched her walk away. She literally had never spoken to that girl before, where the hell did she get the audacity to be such a bitch? Farah shook her head and continued to walk down the hallway. She really just didn't understand people and their impulsive tendancies sometimes.

After a couple of minutes of walking, Farah finally reached Bruce's lab. She walked in with a sour look on her face. Bruce had been typing away on his computer and when he looked up to see Farah standing in the doorway, his eyes widened.

"Oh uh hey there Farah," He said, pushing his glasses up on his nose. He could tell she was in distress. "Are you alright?" Bruce asked concerned as he stood up from his seat.

Farah took a deep breath and put a smile on her face. "Yeah someone just pissed me off but it's fine," She said with the wave of her hand, "Anyway, I came here to talk to you about something. You seem like the person to-go-to when it comes to controlling your feelings," Farah said referring to his big green friend that he usually tried to keep a secret.

Bruce raised his eyebrows and Farah pulled out her running shoes from the bag slung over her shoulder. He furrowed his eyebrows and took them from her, inspecting them. He found the hole in the bottom of one of them and made a puzzled expression.

"Farah, did you get struck by lightning??" Bruce asked looking at her in disbelief. Farah scratched the back of her neck a little. She kind of just squinted her eyes, not really sure how to answer that.

"Well..." She said, biting the inside of her cheek a bit, "I would say I more conjured it," Farah added, trying to find the right words. Bruce looked at her with wide eyes.

"You did what??"

"I conjured lightning."

"How the hell did you do that?"

"I don't know I was just running and then I felt my body turn into static and BOOM, a rod of lightning was shooting through my body," Farah said, leaning against one of the counters. She looked down at her feet while Bruce just stared at her.

"Well were you thinking about anything or were you angry?" He asked, still in disbelief. Bruce was genuinely confused by this, the only person he knew who could conjure lightning was currently in Asgard. Farah simply nodded.