Chapter 17: The Garage

Farah couldn't sleep so she once again found herself tinkering, this time working on Tony's old Mustang.

The car was jacked up and she was underneath working on it, trying to distract herself. Originally she debated if she should call her mom or not, but then she realized she would have no idea what to say. It felt like she had been lied to her whole life and she really wasn't in a confrontational mood.

When it came to family drama, Malia had always been Farah's go-to listener. It was weird to think that the mind who had heard years of her problems, didn't even exist anymore. Farah felt like she was having a crisis and the only way she could think was if she was fixing something. At least then she had some kind of control.

She was lost in deep thought when a pair of hands grabbed her ankles and pulled her out from under the car. The creeper she was on rolled quickly and she thought she was about to be murdered. It was about 3 in the morning so who the hell would be awake? Farah looked up, her eyes taking a second to adjust to the light.

"You know, Zappy, I am starting to think you never actually sleep," Pietro said looking down at her. He had a small smirk on his face and Farah just rolled her eyes.

"I do sleep, I'm just...distracted, that's all," Farah said in an exhausted tone, still laying on the creeper. Pietro nodded his head, his white hair disheveled and messy.

"I can tell, I tried to find you earlier but you are surprisingly good at hiding when you do not want to be found," He said, glancing over to all of the tools. Farah smirked to herself, stretching her back a little.

"I'm not good at hiding, people are just bad at guessing where I am, they assume I want comfort but really I just want a distraction," She kind of rambled out, the volume of her voice a little low. Farah already had issues sleeping so at this point anything that came out of her mouth was either existential or just confusing. Pietro simply furrowed his eyebrows at her.

"Right..." He said skeptically, not entirely understanding her. He was about to say something else when Farah pushed herself back under the car.

"Hey Speedy, can you hand me the Torque Wrench," She asked, yelling a bit so he could hear.

"Uh yeah, sure," He said, walking over to the tools. Pietro stood there for a second looking at all the appliances, there were probably 50 of them and he had no idea what the hell a Torque Wrench was. He ran a hand through his hair and grabbed something that he thought looked like a wrench, though that word may have gotten lost in translation. He lowered his hand so she could grab it, hoping it was the right one. She took it from him and after a second, she shot her hand back out.

"Maximoff, that's a Pipe Wrench," Farah said from underneath the car. Pietro mumbled a bit and grabbed the wrench from her, walking back to the tool table. "It should be next to the Allen Key," She added as he heard some banging and clanking from below the Mustang. He had a look of disbelief on his face that she couldn't even see.

"Princessa, I think you are mistaking me for a mechanic, because I have no idea what that is," Pietro said, his Sokovian accent thick and prominent. Farah sighed and pushed herself out from underneath the car. She got off the creeper, walking up next to him and glancing around at all the tools. She picked up what she was looking for and showed it to him.

"Torque Wrench," She bluntly said before attempting to go back underneath the car.

As she turned, Pietro grabbed her wrist and pulled her closer to him. Farah thought he was about to kiss her but instead, he took his hand and brushed it across her cheek, wiping away some grease and soot that the car had left behind.